its time

{Day 4}

Brooke's POV:

When I woke up my head was pounding. I saw Carson sitting to my right holding my hand with his head down on the bed. As I sat up I rubbed my head with my freehand. Carson's head shot up as my hand slipped away from his.

"Brooke, you're awake. How are you feeling?" he asked with an almost look of relief.

"I'm fine. But my head's pounding out of my skull though. Maybe some water?" I asked with an innocent smile.

"Alright. I'll be back." he said as he stood up.

"Wait, can you also get Ryan?"

"Ryan? Why Ryan?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"I just need to talk to him about something." I said lowering my voice a little.

"Ok." he shrugged then left.

I rested my head on my hands, threaded my fingers through my hair, and grabbed it. I stared down at my bright green sheets. My head is killing me. Then someone knocked on the door. I assumed it was Ryan.

"It's open." I said still staring at the sheets.

The door opened and closed. I felt the bed sink next to me. I looked up and saw Peter instead of Ryan.

"You don't look like Ryan." I chuckled weakly.

"I know. I was told your head hurts." he said handing me a bottle of water.

"Yeah. Thanks." I said taking it and drinking some water.

He waved his hand over my head I felt relief.

"Again. Thanks." I chuckled. "But I really do need to talk to Ryan."

"About what?"

"That is none of your," I paused and poked his nose. "business."

"Fine. I'll go get him." he said and disappeared then came back in just a few seconds with Ryan.

"What the hell Pa- oh, hi Brooke." Ryan said awkwardly.

"We need to talk." I said looking up at the both of them. Then I directed my attention to Peter who stood with his arms folded across his chest. "Alone."

He sighed and walked out closing the door behind him.

"So what's up?" Ryan asked casually.

I waited a second to make sure Peter was gone.

"What the hell Ryan?! You let me get beat to a pulp by Daniel! I thought we had a deal!" I yelled not super loud but pretty loud.

I'm quite shocked I can talk after what Daniel did.

"I'm sorry Brooke! I didn't notice until I got to the area. But I did help save you! Did you not see Fred and I pull Daniel away from you?" he asked as his yelling turned into confusion.

He sat down next to me.

"I couldn't tell what was happening. It was all blurry." I said feeling a little guilty. "But then someone came by my side and held on to me. They were telling me to wake up, to stay with them. It's not like I was dying." I chuckle the last part.

"That was Pan."

"Oh..." he said adjusting himself on the bed and he hand landed on top of mine.

We looked at our hands then each other. Then there was an awkward silence.

"Well I'm gonna go, got stuff to do around camp." Ryan said finally and stood up.

"Ok. Uhh bye." I said awkwardly.