1 Pilot

ARIZONA

"Well hello Riley." I said as I walked into my patient's room. "How's she doing today, did she get any sleep?" I asked her mom. "No, the headaches are so bad." Her mom said with tears in her eyes.

"Well hopefully that'll change soon." Amelia says while walking into the room. I can't help but smile when she walks in, we're great friends especially the fact that she helped Sofia through a lot. I mean also she's stunning.

"You see your daughter has a glioblastoma in the frontal lope of her brain, so today I'm going to remove it." Amelia said, making Riley's mom run up and hug her. I have a huge smile on my face, im so happy Riley's such a sweet kid.

Me and Amelia walk outside and she asks me to scrub in. I panic and say. "Why." "Well because of where her tumors are located she could stroke out any second, and I want a great surgeon like you in there." This makes me smile. "Sure thing, see you in there." I say nervously

I walk away still smiling. I don't know why im so nervous around her. I've known her for so long but now I'm getting these feelings, I've had these feelings before, when I first met Callie. But we all know how that ended. What do I do to ask her out? I don't even know if she likes girls. She's always been with men.

AMELIA

3 hours, until I get to scrub in Arizona. Arizona, she's beautiful, I've never really liked anyone except men, I mean there was carina And there Kai but they were non binary.

Ugh I gotta stop thinking about Arizona. "Hey can I scrub in on your glioblastoma?" Zola says coming up to me. "Sure thing it's at 10." I say back. Zolas is a great assist, and I don't favourite her because she's my niece, I favourite her because she's good.

"Thanks, Aunt Amelia." She says walking away.

ARIZONA

"Hey Arizona, Arizona." It's Callie, she's calling my name. "Arizona." She says once more "What." I say sort of startled. "You ok?" She says with a concerned look "Yeah just thinking about a case." I say smiling.

"What's up?" I say. "Just need you to consult later, could you come at 10." She asks. "Can't im scrubbing in with Shepherd." I tell her. "On Shepherds glioblastoma?" She asks me. "Ya why?" I ask questioning. "Well I don't know, maybe because that's a neurosurgery and you work on kids." She says laughing. I roll my eyes "she has a high chance of stroking out, Amelia's just taking precautions." I Say annoyed. "Gotcha, have fun." She says jokingly while walking away.

Why was Callie so weird about that, it seemed like the fact that me and Amelia were spending time together bothered her. Which it shouldn't. We've been divorced for over 20 years. This makes me so mad.

I walk into the scrub room and scrub viciously. "You ok?" Amelia asks, staring at me. "What oh ya, just something Callie said." I say. "You're still good to scrub in, right?" She asks me. "Ya of course." I respond back with a smile on my face. "I'm always ok for the tiny humans."

AMELIA

Tiny humans, I love when she says that. It's another thing to add to the list of the things I love about her. "Ten blade." I say and Bohkee passes me it. I cut into Riley's head and start the surgery.

It's going well until I approach the tumor. Me and Zola look at each other. "Wow, the tumor didn't look that big on the scans." Zola says worried. "That's because it wasn't, its grown almost twice the size overnight." I say. I start to panic, I've removed tumors this big, but in a kid. She's got her whole life ahead of her and it could all end because of me.

"What's wrong?" Arizona asks from the other side of the OR. "The tumor is much bigger than I thought, I'm stuck." I say. "You can do this, remember Herman, that tumor was impossible, and who removed it? You, you're an incredible surgeon, you've got this" She says reassuring me

This makes my heart skip a beat. "I've got this." I whisper to myself. I start removing the tumor. "Get ready everyone this could be a long day.