Rhythm

What did he just say? I let the words sink in as he gave me a lopsided look.

"Misaki?" He asked, before averting his gaze back to the sky nervously. He didn't intend on asking like that, but it made him feel better just saying it first. He had it built up too much in his head and he had to just say it.

I looked at him, tilting my head in disbelief. He pulled his gaze from the sky again to look at me once more. "I just... wanna know what it would be like."

I turned away from him, tracing nervous circles on the head of the Sunny. "Luffy, you can't just say things like that!"

"What? Why not?" He blinked.

"Well, because... you don't wanna waste your first kiss on someone like me..."

"What? But you are the only person I wanna kiss, dummy." He laughed, knuckling my temple softly. What? I swear I could feel my heart stop beating for a moment. He looked at me, shooting me a crooked grin. "So? You wanna?"

I gulped. My face was already bright red, and even the tips of my ears were burning now. I nodded slowly, hardly able to believe what was happening. Luffy sat upright and scooted closer to me. Maybe it was dawning on him that this was actually going to be his first kiss.

"Ok. Here we go." He said, putting his hands on my shoulders. I looked up at him, realizing that all he had to go on was walking around Dressrossa for an afternoon and our chit chat about kissing the other day. He leaned in, his black eyes scanning for any signs of discomfort from me and placed his lips against mine. A simple peck.

He pulled away, looking at me wildly. I looked back as doe eyed and shocked as he did. I felt like we were teenagers sneaking a kiss out on the balcony somewhere. That one little peck made my chest feel like it was going to burst.

_______________________

Lufffy raised a hand, cupping her under her chin and running the pad of his thumb lightly across her lower lip. He wondered what it was about her that made his heart erupt. What was it about her face, her heart, her voice, her mind... it felt like such an instinctive desire. As inescapable as hunger. Why her? Why now? He was so focused on his goals, he never would have even thought about any of this, if she hadn't appeared on his ship one day.

He had to know, so he pulled her closer, cupping her face in his hands, for another kiss. This time, he stuck around, seeking out that rhythm she once spoke about. He could feel his movements becoming stiff and anxious and worried he was messing it up.

___________________

Luffy's lips were chapped, and maybe a little wet, but soft. They were unsure as they began searching for a rhythm between us, becoming rigid with nervousness. I placed a hand over one of his to calm him before leaning into his kiss more and taking a deep breath in. He reciprocated, breathing deep and leaning more into the kiss, relaxing as I ran my hands through his hair and down his neck. I could still taste the booze on his lips and smell the meat on him, but that was Luffy.

     Our lips smacked over and over as we began to move more in rhythm with one another. I found my hands grasping at his open shirt to pull him a little closer as we relaxed into a nice flow.

He smiled against me, "Dude feel this" he said breathlessly, grabbing my hand and placing it over his bare chest. I could feel his heart drumming wildly against my hand. I pulled away for a moment, keeping my hand on his chest.

"Holy Shit..." I whispered, looking at him before his lips met mine again. They were hungrier than before, stealing a hitch in my breath as they now confidently danced over mine. Luffy's hand moved from my hand to my chest, feeling for what my heart would be doing. I grasped his hand as it felt for the thundering in my chest.