Rainforest Island

"Hey Lu! I think that's a shop! Let's see if they have any ponchos!"

"Good call!" Luffy said, bouncing up to the Tree Top Shop. When we got in there, we were in awe of just how much could fit in one little shop.

"Welcome to the Tree Top Shop, how may I help you?" The clerk said with a smile.

"Hey there, do you—"

"Got any ponchos?" Luffy said, cutting me off. I puffed out my cheeks and looked at him, annoyed. He was too busy picking at his ears to notice. Must have gotten wet without his hat.

"Why yes we do! Right here." He gestured to a myriad of ponchos, sorted by colors.

    Luffy B-lined it to the red ponchos. I rolled my eyes, smirking a little to myself. Figures. Luffy's favorite color was red, just like me, but I didn't want to pick the same color as him, so I went for a blue one. I popped it on and Luffy grinned at me.

  "You look cute in blue." He said, making me blush.

   "Second favorite color." I said, giving him the peace sign.

   "Ready to go?" He said, grabbing the air with his hand. That is too cute.

    ________________________

   "Have a nice day!" The clerk said with a smile. As soon as they left, his smile fell to frown. He grabbed his transponder snail and dialed a number on it. "Hey... yeah.... Strawhat Luffy...."

     ______________________

    We made our way through the rest of town, gawking at the tree houses and stopping at a few more shops, even grabbing a bite to eat before Luffy was ready to explore even further.

    We passed by Nami, who waved us down.

    "What's up?" I said.

    "I want to give you guys directions on how to get to the hotel." She said. "Chopper and Franky are staying on the ship to protect it."

   "Ok, shoot." Luffy said, ready to take it in.

   He nodded furiously while I zoned out. I didn't do verbal directions very well. I knew what direction the Sunny was and that was about it. But when it came to verbal directions, I didn't even try anymore — I knew I wasn't going to absorb a word she said, and I was a little worried Luffy wouldn't either.

   "And don't get lost." Nami finished. Luffy nodded and turned to me.

   "You ready to hit the woods?" Luffy asked with a big dumb grin on his face.

  "What about the rest of the crew?"

  "What, you think they can't handle themselves?"

   "I think I'm as bad at directions as Zoro and you aren't much better." I laughed.

    It was true. I could read a map to an extent, but if someone didn't tell me where I was on the map, it was a hopeless endeavor. Give me directions? I zoned out, please repeat ten times. Ask me to backtrack? Not a good idea either. I looked helplessly at Nami and she just laughed.

   "Good luck you two, I'm gonna go relax."

We wandered aimlessly for a while, coming across a few beasts that Luffy couldn't resist fighting. I trailed behind, not quite as interested in attacking animals as he was. Besides, there was something far more concerning to me.

A foreboding shadow kept flitting in and out of my view. It was reminiscent of that day back in my own world, which made my skin crawl. Luffy either didn't notice or wasn't concerned enough to care, but I, on the other hand, couldn't stop watching for it.