33- End Game

You and me, we got big reputations,
And you heard about me,
I got some big enemies

- Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Future

33

Charles Leclerc

When I woke up this morning and unlocked my phone, I saw all the articles.

"The Sextape of Max Verstappen, Formula 1 World Champion leaked"

"Max Verstappen, F1 driver for Redbull is gay"

"An unexpected way to do a coming out"

"Max Verstappen in a relationship with a man"

"Gay and Diabetic an unexpected picture about Max Verstappen"

There was a possibility that this could happen, I know it, but Armand really chose his moment.

It's the worst time. The one where I'm not with Max to reassure him and protect him.

I quickly get dressed and take the first taxi I can find to the hotel where I know the Redbull team is staying for the weekend.

I should have joined Max a lot sooner.

When I get to her hotel I run up the stairs and to his floor. I knock on the other side of his hotel room door, but I get no answer.

If he's not in his hotel room, then where is he?

I pick up my phone and call the first person I can think of.

"Hey Charles, how are you?

- Do you know where Max is? Please. I ask in a pressing and trembling voice.

- Yeah, I know where he is, you can't see him now.

- Please tell me where he is!

- He's at Redbull Hospitality, he has a meeting with Christian Horner.

- Thanks Daniel, I'll go."

I hang up without waiting for an answer and take the taxi back to the circuit.

I get to the paddock earlier than I ever did, it's almost deserted and I hurry to join Redbull's hospitality. I'm running as fast as I can to get to Max quickly. Those who are already in the paddock give me surprised glances.

When I enter the building, some employees are there and look at me with a frown: I have nothing to do here.

One of them is coming up to me.

"Hello, may I ask what you're doing here?

- I have an appointment with your boss. 

I'm bluffing you never know.

- About what? I am not aware of this meeting.

- About contracts, something like that.

I'm trying to stay vague so I don't get into more trouble than I already have. If any member of Ferrari finds out I'm here, I'll be fired immediately. It's already plan but still.

The Redbull employee's eyes are wide open.

- A contract... with us?

The man scarcely conceals his surprise and his attitude towards me immediately turns into politeness.

- It's confidential, but I need to talk to him.

- Yes, don't worry, he's on the first floor..."

I quickly thank the employee in the hope that he will not repeat my lies to everyone and spread false rumors about a potential contract with redbull before running away to get to the floor faster.