Chapter 4: Share the Love

Seeing the two cultivators being seconds away from locking lips Wei Wuxian realized his entrance couldn't have been any less opportune. Attempting to mend his mistake he bowed his head and apologized before swiftly backing out of their shared room. But it was too late for him to fix what he problem he had caused, the moment was broken and Lan Xichen backed away. Having had it pointed out to him that what he was doing was something which should be kept in private he pulled back. This was against Gusu rules and should never have happened.

"Look at the time. I guess our session is over. If you have any other questions, please feel free to approach me any time. I'd be happy to help" Lan Xichen blathered on as he stood up to leave.

"Mmm, thank you very much for your time Zewu-jun. It helped a lot." Jiang Cheng responded as he led the man to the door and waved him off. The ends of the Lan's headband waving in the wind as he walked away. Leaving Jiang Cheng to wonder what would have happened had Lan Wangji kept Wei Ying busy with his punishment for just a minute longer.

Popping out from behind the open door was a man who had up till now fought his instincts to make sure he wouldn't begin asking the many questions his curious mind had conjured up until after the older Lan was out of earshot.

"You're into guys!?" Wei Ying shouted. The Wei's eyebrows arched high on his face, not hiding his surprise.

"No." Jiang Cheng glared at his brother. He was not going to have this conversation. Besides, he wasn't into men. Just this one man in particular.

"That's good." Wei Ying placed a hand on his chest as he sighed in relief, and action which greatly vexed his brother.

"And why is that?" Jiang Cheng wondered, his voice coming of as ever so slightly defensive. It wasn't like Wei Ying to be worried about the reputation of people, nor their sect. He'd likely not bat an eye if his brother confessed his attraction to men for not only him but the rest of the world as well. Jiang Cheng would expect a pat on the back and a "good for you" followed by unending teasing related to Zewu-jun. Wei Ying had subverted his expectations, and not in a good way.

"Then there's no reason for you to get mad at me. I can sleep tight knowing I didn't interrupt anything." Wei Wuxian said with that familiar smirk that annoyed Jiang Cheng to no end. Twirling his flute, the man casually walked past him into their room which was now safe to enter since Lan Xichen was no longer there.

"Ha. Don't think you'll be getting off that easy." Jiang Cheng said storming after him, grabbing the wrist of his brother to pull him back into the conversation. Whether Jiang Cheng was willing to admit it aloud or not, he wasn't about to let his brother off after ruining what could have potentially have been his first kiss. And a kiss with Lan Xichen no less. Always touting his superior intellect, Wei Ying was not stupid enough to think he could escape punishment for such a horrendous crime.

"Sooo... you actually do like him" Wei Ying teasingly poked his brother in the chest. His smile growing even wider as Jiang Cheng just rolled his eyes instead of denying it. This being as much of an affirmative response as his brother would ever give. "In that case will you ask Zewu-jun to put in a good word for me with Lan Zhan?"

"Lan Zhan?" Jiang Cheng questioned rolling his eyes. "For starters, if you want to have a chance with him you shouldn't overstep boundaries like that." No way the man had allowed the Wei to call him by his given name. He was taking liberties he wasn't allowed. The Lan was already upset with him as it was, and actions like this was the reason why. By continuing this improper behavior, he would only make it worse.

"Please? Please, please" His older baby-brother clung to his arm, still very much annoying him.

"No." he firmly responded. Jiang Cheng didn't even know where he stood with Lan Xichen. They weren't friends and at this point you could hardly call them lovers. If he had to label it, he'd say they were acquaintances. A cold and distant label. He would not risk his chances of getting beyond that by asking Zewu-jun to convince his brother to live a life of misery.