Chapter 10: Not Very Inconspicuous

Waking up in Lan Xichen's arms confirmed that last night had been no dream. The two of them were still together. Through a gap in between the boulder and the cave entrance bright rays of sunlight made their way inside lighting up the cultivators. The Lan was already awake, probably still following Gusu's rule of waking up at five am. But instead of waking the Jiang as well he had let him sleep in. Jiang Cheng could feel the two golden eyes on him as he woke up.

"Good morning boyfriend" Lan Huan said with a smile, giving the Jiang a good morning kiss once he opened his eyes.

"Good morning Lan Huan, you look even better in the morning" he said sarcastically. The Lan looked like he had been on the verge of dying the night before, his robes a dark maroon as the blood had coagulated overnight. Not that he wasn't still stunning, but having calmed down from last night's excitement meant realizing that he wanted Lan Xichen back in clean clothes.

"Well your robes look as stunning as a willow tree" Looking down Jiang Cheng realized that the fierce corpses had shredded his robes, the fabric hanging down in strips. He did indeed resemble a willow tree.

"Let's get back to the Cloud Recesses then. We both need a change of clothes." Jiang Cheng suggested as he got up.

"Before then, one final kiss." Lan Xichen said, looking for more than just a light peck this time. His hands held onto the Jiang's after which the younger cultivator entwined their fingers. Lan Xichen's hands were large but not nearly as rough as his own as a result of having spent less time with his sword and more with the pen. The same hands which last night had grabbed, touched, and explored every inch of his body.

"You're worried Lan Qiren is going to catch us and force us apart?" Jiang Cheng asked, extending the time Lan Huan needed to wait for that kiss. Subconsciously biting his lower lip, the Lan showed just how keen he was on getting to it.

"Yes, but I'm more worried about not getting to see you in private as much as I want" Lan Xichen leaned in. Jiang Cheng sighed, of course he had known their relationship would need to stay a secret. It wasn't like he could run around the Cloud Recesses and kissing his boyfriend whenever he wanted, but still...

"Do we have to hide? Like you said, all the disciples who came along for this trip already knows you like me." Jiang Cheng pleaded. He didn't want to go back to the way they were before.

"Just from uncle. Anything that won't make him catch on is fine." Meaning that from now on he, similarly to what the worm did, could shamelessly touch the Lan whenever he wanted. As long as it wasn't egregious or created rumors loud enough that they would reach the elder Lan's ears it was allowed.

"I love you" Jiang Cheng said cheerfully before granting the Lan's request of a kiss. Their lips locked and Jiang Cheng could feel the Lan's tongue breach his mouth. The ocean's waves yet again threatening to reclaim the sandcastle which the Jiang had carefully rebuilt.

After a last loving goodbye, the two worked together to remove the boulder, peaking outside there was no living, or undead, beings waiting for them. No cultivators and no fierce corpses, only two swords laying in the grass reflecting the bright rays of the sun.

"Sandu!" Jiang Cheng exclaimed rushing to his blade's side, ecstatic to see his beautiful savior. Well... second beautiful savior, the first one being the cultivator willing to carry him on his back. Picking up Lan Xichen's blade as well he went to hand it back. But the Lan didn't take Shuoyue and instead sent a small amount of spiritual energy into the Jiang's hand. The blade lit up with the Lan's golden glow.

"Lan Huan, you can't..." But it was already done. Shuoyue's golden glow faded into a barely visible purple, signifying that the Jiang's spiritual energy was flowing through it. He was now just as much the sword's master as Zewu-jun. Sharing the ownership of your sword was an awfully intimate act, one even many married couples didn't go through with.