Chapter 15: So Zewu-jun turned out to be a cutsleeve?

With a heavy heap of magazines, wrapped up in wrapping paper to hide what they truly were Jiang Cheng headed towards the Nies' place. Knocking on the door stumbling could be heard coming from the other side. Huaisang was the same as ever. Opening the door Nie Huaisang met him with a smile.

"Look I didn't jump this time!" he said with great glee, as though not being terrified of your friend was a great accomplishment.

"You didn't. I would want a trade back, could you get me my notes?" Jiang Cheng asked as he handed over the stacks of porn.

"O-of course. I'll go get them, they were very useful" Nie Huaisang said in the least convincing way possible. He had likely not even opened the first page. Ever a terrible student, but ever a great friend.

"I assume you're here for me?" asked the man who had watched on as his roommate had scrambled to the door and now out back to look for the papers. He had silently watched the two cultivators' interaction and knew from the beginning that the one the Jiang was really here to meet wasn't Nie Huaisang.

"You're not as dumb as you look" Jiang Cheng commented before turning around and gesturing for the worm to step outside with him. It would take a while for Nie Huaisang to return but this was a conversation better kept away from him. Leading him behind the building away from unwanted eyes Jiang Cheng glared at the man.

"What's your defense?" Jiang Cheng asked, his hand grasping the hilt of Sandu.

"What do you mean?" the worm responded his voice filled with a mix of confusion and surprise. If you didn't know better you'd think he was innocent. He wasn't.

"I mean your actions almost killed Zewu-jun, give me a reason why I shouldn't end your life right here and now." Jiang Cheng was furious, images of his mother swinging her sword towards his lover's throat flicking through his mind. "Only reason your head isn't already on the floor is because my fiancé wouldn't like to see you without it" he hissed.

"Fiancé?" The worm asked, ignoring the Jiang's previous threats as though they had never happened.

"Yes, your little plan backfired. You're looking at the future Lan Furen." Jiang Cheng said with a proud smirk. His parents' arrival meant him and Lan Huan no longer needed to keep their relationship a secret. Jiang Cheng was now the Zewu-jun's official partner. A fact that would soon spread across not only the Cloud Recesses, but also the entire cultivation world. "So you should just give up already, he's mine."

"So Zewu-jun turned out to be a cutsleeve?" the Nie asked with his eyebrows raised in surprise.

"..."

The worm sighed heavily, his act fully gone as the Jiang didn't seem to care either way. "Had I known I might have actually been your love rival" the worm said with a joking tone.

"Wait... You don't love him?" Jiang Cheng asked. After all of that touching and getting closer to Lan Huan the worm hadn't liked him in the same way he did? That didn't make any sense, this had to be another game played by the Nie, his façade simply replaced by another.

"All of you constantly remind me how I'm nothing. But when it suits you, you go and forget about it. Young master Jiang is a respected and talented cultivator, a future sect leader, and now also the fiancé of the most eligible bachelor there is. Compared to that I am nothing, and without Zewu-jun on my side I'm stuck being nothing." None of what he said was wrong. Lan Huan was the only one who didn't instantly ignore the worm, he was probably the only one who actually cared. But even now Jiang Cheng held no sympathy or pity for him.

He held a cozy enough spot in the Nie sect and had somewhat gained the trust of sect leader Nie. But judging by the way he treated Zewu-jun that relationship was likely based on lies and manipulation as well. He stuck to them like a disgusting leech.