Dueling the Cat's Meow

*Your POV*

I shot out of my bed, Shark doing the same. We slowly turned to each other, sweat on his head and mine. I scrambled a bit and put a hand on my chest, feeling for a hole or stab wound. Luckily I was fine, but still that was...absolutely horrifying.

YN: Vetrix...what...what was that?

I ask, looking around. Shark does too but Vetrix was...completely gone.

Shark: That...that was weird...is that what all of those dreams you said you had are like?

YN: No, no they were never like that. They were normally like the first one, pitch black and just...voices.

I take a breath.

YN: But...what was that? Vector, he...he just killed me in there...!

Shark:...Maybe...maybe we should just get ready for school.

I nod in agreement and we get ready for the day, walking out. Unlike most days, we stayed completely silent, obviously still shook about what we saw. We did finally make it to school, and what we saw was Yuma, Tori, and Bronk talking to each other with worried expressions. Yuma was the first of the three to notice us and walked over.

Yuma: Shark, YN, hey. Have either of you seen Cathy? She hasn't been to school the last few days and, well...We're worried.

YN: Uh...no, I...haven't seen her either.

Shark: Same here.

Bronk: Maybe she's just sick?

Tori: That could be, but...what if it's something else?

YN: Wh...what do you mean, Tori?

Tori: Well, with the numbers coming back, what if...what if one got to her?

We all went silent. What Tori said...it's a genuine possibility. I mean, I've ran into plenty numbered cards, so if one of them did too it'd make sense...I...I gotta check on her!

I turned around and immediately ran off, the others calling my name. I didn't listen though, and kept running to her house. I was worried, and I refused to let my best friend be in possible danger. That and honestly, after last night, I need a break from school.

I ran all the way to her house, panting heavily by the time I got there. I knocked on her door.

YN: Cathy! Cathy, you in there!? It's YN!

I waited a bit...nothing. I knocked harder.

YN: Cathy! Cathy, c'mon!

After a bit more waiting, the door creaked open, and out walked one of Cathy's cats. It looked at me, clearly concerned about something as it mewled at me, turning and walking into the house. I took this as a hint to follow, so I did.

Inside the house was...really bad. Her paintings, vases, all of it was destroyed. Like all of her cats went crazy and trashed the place. I walked inside and I saw all her cats meowing and scurrying around, going from room to room, panicked.

I called for Cathy's name again, and after not getting an answer I decided I'd look around. It took a while due to the number of rooms, but after a bit all that was left was the basement. I looked at one of Cathy's cats that followed me around before we both headed down, not sure what we were gonna find.

The basement was just as messy and destroyed as the rest of the house, but this time I heard...growling? Panting too, like a stressed animal. I found a light switch and flicked it on, the first thing I saw being Cathy on the floor, holding her head.