Prologue

In the dark lands, a figure runs across the rocks in the dark. Trying to stay out of sight and sticking to the shadows. The figure runs till they get to a cave. It's dimly lit and hard to see clearly but there in the light is another figure and a Goblin.

"Aszea what was so urgent that you risked both of our lives to meet me here?"

"I couldn't... I found out what they were going to do... I couldn't let them... Gunmar is out of his mind... He's too young..."

"Slow down and breathe Aszea. Gunmar was going to do what and to whom?"

"Rujin it was horrible, I knew he was a monster. But this was too much I had to do. It was horrible and he was so young I have never seen a Youngling that young make it through before but he did. I couldn't let it go on. They were going to kill him."

"What did you do?"

"I took him. I couldn't let it go on the twisted experiments. Gunmar has gone too far to try and create changelings at such a young age. We need to get him out of here. He needs to leave the dark lands and never come back till he can understand."

"You took a youngling! Aszea, they could be after you."

"That's why he needs to take him now. Find his Fimilar and switch them out hide the familiar and make sure that Gunmar will never know what happened to him."

"It's too dangerous. The youngling is too young we never send them in this young; he won't know what he is. He could change and not know how to handle it. You can't ask this of me."

"I know the risks, but he is better off up there than down here. Please, Rujin, help me help him. He didn't ask for this."

"None of us did! None of us asked to be taken and turned into a freak!"

"Don't you think I know that!"

"Then why try to save him?"

"Because... We can give him a life that both of us want. One that can be as normal as possible. Even though we didn't get that chance."

"Fine, I will help you free this youngling, but if we are caught, you expect me to blame everything on you."

"I don't think he would care at that point."

"You want me to change my mind?"

"No"

"Good now."

Rujin took the youngling from Aszea. He looked over the bundle and muttered a few words. He turned to give the young troll to the goblin behind him.

"I need you to take him to the world above. Find his familiar and then hide the familiar with the others. Now and then, you must check in on him but secretly. No one else can know."

"Wacka Chacka"

"Thank you, old friend."

The Goblin took the young troll from Rujin and started to skry away with him. He traveled across the dark lands till he came to a small rift where he then escaped. He entered a world above. It was dark, and most of the lights were out. The goblin went to a nearby house and climbed onto the roof. He then searched for where the familiar was. And he came upon a home at the end of a coldesack. The nursery window was opened slightly. He made his way in and found the familiar. Quickly switching them out. He uncovered the young troll. Reveling two tinny horns, a main of fur on his neck, baby tusks, and blue stone. Taking the familiar back to the dark lands, the troll's complexion changed into one of a baby boy with fair skin and dark black hair.

The door to the nursery opened slightly.

"Barbra, I am sure he is fine now. Go to sleep."

"James, I just want to make sure I thought I heard something."

"I am sure that you are just hearing things. See, he is fine now. Please, let's go back to bed it's too early to be awake."

Back in the darklands. The two trolls are brought before a thrown of stone.

"Aszea, Rujin were is he."

"I don't know who you are referring to."

"Silence impure; you are not to lie to me. Dictashus saw you take him, so where is he?"

"He is gone. You will never find him. Already switched out, so you can't find him."

"Impure you dare to betray me!"

"I betrayed the one who made me a monster! I betrayed a troll who couldn't even wish for the best in their son! I betrayed a monster who was willing to kill his flesh and stone for a stupid experiment."

"That thing was not my son. My son is on the surface, trying to free me. That thing was useless. I gave it a purpose, and you took that away from me. And for that, you will pay dearly."

He put his blade to their faces, and they became mindless trolls.

In the nursery, the goblin who had just swapped out the new changeling laid the familiar in his new bed. Underneath on the plack stated the child's name. One that the new changeling would go by for the rest of his life.