Young Atlas 1

Jim staggered back, his chest emitting a brilliant blue glow while his face twisted in a distracted expression. After the forceful shove, he quickly regained his composure and deflected a two-pronged spear aimed at his silver armor. Pushing the weapon away from his small frame, Jim observed a familiar blue arm rise and then swiftly drop towards the Trollhunter's position. Fortunately, the young boy dodged the destructive path with a yelp. As the spear-wielder struggled to retrieve his weapon from the soft dirt, Jim raised his sword overhead and struck. His opponent managed to block the blow, their weapons fitting together snugly, sending sparks flying. The fight wasn't as perilous as it had appeared since Draal had begun training Jim.

With the speed of a seasoned warrior, Draal moved his spear, causing Jim to lose his footing. The Trollhunter gasped as he spun rapidly, his sword pointed outward, fear and shock etched on his face as he tumbled to the ground, his sword disappearing into thin air. Jim groaned in pain as Draal brought the spearhead near his exposed neck, declaring victory. The battle, indeed, had been brief.

"I think I just broke my butt."

"Were this an actual battle, Trollhunter you would have just been deprived of your right leg, three fingers and your gronk-nuks."

Not as gentle as Jim hoped he would, Draal smack the blunt end of the weapon against his legs, his fingers, and was about to press it forcefully somewhere else. Panicked that his sensitive spot would have a sudden burst of pain, Jim donned his sword, stopping the blunt end from traveling any further.

"Sorry, I guess I'm just a little distracted tonight."

He stood up, thinking such a battle was over, however, Draal used the distraction to take another hit. Jim rolled to the other side and once again blocking his blows. Yet, he was still defeated when Draal's immeasurable arm took Jim down once ag ain after sweeping him off of his feet and back onto the ground.

"Bular will use your distraction as an opportunity to cleave your head from your shoulders."

"Oh."

"What has you distracted this night?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"I am a son of the former Trollhunter, Trollhunter."

"I'm a little preoccupied about kissing Claire."

"I don't understand."

"The school play, Romeo and Juliet. We're rehearsing the kissing scene and I have to kiss her tomorrow."

"Kissing? What is this kissing?"

"When two people like each other, they put their mouths together. And depending on how much you like them, the longer the kiss. Sometimes for hours."

"Disgusting. Killing sounds easier."

"Draal, I really like her. If I blow our first kiss, I might not get a second, or a third."

"You're afraid."

"I know, I know. The first rule, "Always be afraid. But that's with Trolls, not girls. Girls are, like, the opposite of Trolls."

"I once had similar stirrings for an Impure. I know of something that may help. If these "girls" require you not to be afraid then you need a Grit-Shaka."

"Is that a protein shake?"

"A Grit-Shaka is a totem used by the Gumm-Gumms. If you wear it, it banishes all cowardice makes you fierce and ready for battle."

"You wouldn't happen to have one of these, would you?"

The museum stood tall in the background as a female with a stroller sat in front of it, the mother cooing happily at her baby. Strickler had been advancing to that same bench. Claire's mother sat, happily playing with the changeling child that she was unaware of, NotEnrique cooing happily in his disguise.