Adventures in Trollsitting 2

Blinky, Aaarrrgghh, and Toby stood in front of RotGuts in Trollmarket. They walked up to the large door and Blinky's small blue hand wrapped around the handle, knocking it against the metal door.

"Uh, excuse me, uh, Mr. RotGut. It is with great respect that we return to you to ask for another gaggletack."

"Go away. We're closed."

"You haven't closed your apothecary since the wart outbreak of 1982! I urge you, if we do not acquire one at this very moment, we may be dealing with an exigency that could shut you down indefinitely."

"What's an exigency? Should I be scared?"

"Indeed."

"It doesn't matter. We already gave them a gaggletack. I told you never to give out free merchandise."

"But you said you had a bag of -"

They shut the windows, Blinky, however, finished his sentence.

"...them."

"Stand back. I think I know how to deal with this."

"Mm?"

"How about a bag of sweaty, tasty, slightly moldy argyle socks?"

"Argyle?"

"Argyle, Gut! That's argyle! Mm..."

In Claire's house. Jim appeared out from a door and called for Claire's brother.

"Enrique! Oh, Enrique?"

He said stepping out into the hall. His eyes peered down the steps. He crept down the wooden staircase before heading into the living room, the camera moving to give suspending but great views.

"Enrique?"

The baby quickly passed over the camera with a giggle, causing Jim to turn around. The Trollhunter stood and searched the vacant area before scratching his head. Suddenly, a sound erupted from another room, metal had clattered together.

"What's that sound?"

He rushes into the kitchen and peeks out from behind the wall before carefully searching for the missing baby. A small paper coffee cup has rolled to Jim's feet. As he tries to pick it up, a cat suddenly pounces on the trash, causing Jim to yelp and fall back. Both are surprised, but the cat quickly disappears. Above, there's a loud thud, followed by the sound of a child's laughter, prompting Jim to stand and dash up the steps. His eyebrows furrow as he surveys his surroundings. A small crack startles the fifteen-year-old, and his eyes dart to the window where Toby, Aaarrrgghh, and Blinky stand, waving.

"I've brought the gaggletack. Now, where is the child?"

"I sort of just lost him."

"Are you not babysitting?"

"Well, I'm not saying I'm good at it."

"I don't understand how the baby could elude you if you were rightfully sitting on him."

"Babysitting doesn't literally mean you sit... Never mind. Just keep an eye out while Toby and I handle this."

The two head off back to the house, only to find they had been locked out. Jim's hand twisted on the golden handle before looking at it with confusion. Frantically, he pulled at the doorknob before pressing his foot on the door which was an utterly useless move on his hand.

"Do you see this? The little poop-bag locked us out! He's been playing me all along, hook, line, and sinker."

"Jim, he's a baby, not a poop-bag. Get a hold of yourself. He can't even reach the lock."