Chapter Ten: Reigning Pain In New Orleans

Nobody's Pov

Everyone had to admit that they were looking forward to the next episode since they wanted to know what would happen next.

Especially with Klaus in charge since he now has power over New Orleans after Marcel accepted defeat.

And the fact that he took Big and Hayley with him to live in their new home.

Gertrude didn't hesitate to play the next episode.

The screen turns on and the camera pans outside of the compound before heading inside.

Klaus has set up a dinner table in the courtyard to celebrate his return to leadership over New Orleans and his repossession of the Abbatoir compound from Marcel.

The vampire army, including Marcel and his closest friends, are seated around the table. Hayley and Holden are sitting next to each other at one end while Klaus is at another end.

Everyone's eyes widened at the dinner table they were seeing.

The main and minor family had to admit that while they were rich they never really had dinners that way.

Well, at least for special occasions but that was it.

Klaus calls for everyone's attention by tapping his glass with his fork, a grin plastered on his face.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift. Immortality" Klaus said.

Holden sighed as he threw his head back a bit. He didn't want to be here, he just wanted to be in his bed.

"Me everyday I have to wake up and go to school" Macau whispered to Chay.

The younger Kittisawat snorted in amusement and nodded in agreement at the words from his friend.

Their brothers looked at them weirdly before simply shrugging their shoulders and turning their attention back to the screen.

"After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine" Klaus said.

He gestures toward a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join them at the table, one for each guest.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." Klaus trailed off.

The servants slit their wrists with knives and filled the cups with blood for the vampires.

Holden grimaced at what he had seen and buried his head into Hayley's shoulder to which she wrapped an arm around him.

Everyone in the theater couldn't help but grimace at what they had just witnessed.

They understand that vampires need to drink blood and all but seeing those, no doubt, compelled servants slit their wrists emotionlessly and fill the cups of the vampires with their blood was weird.

And creepy.

Although, some managed to smile slightly at the interaction between the siblings.

"Our victories, and our defeats" Klaus finished, looking at Marcel.

Marcel looks at him but says nothing, remaining silent.

"To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow" Klaus said as he lifted his glass.

Marcel sighed before lifting his own glass in the air.

"And the party never end" Marcel said.