Chapter Twelve: Apres Moi Le Deluge

Nobody's Pov

Everyone settles down since they had to admit they were anticipating the next chapter, wanting to see what would happen.

Gertrude nodded once everyone was settled before playing the next episode.

The screen turns on and the camera pans to the compound.

We head inside and into the study where we see Elijah, Hayley and Holden.

Drawings were placed onto the table that was in the middle of the room. Elijah stood near the table while the Marshall siblings were sitting on the couch together.

From what Holden has gathered Davina has been drawing a woman named Celeste, who happened to be Elijah's old lover, and now Elijah is confused as to why Davina would be drawing her.

Everyone raised an eyebrow at the information they just learned.

To say they were curious would be an understatement, especially if an old lover of Elijah was involved.

They all leaned forward a bit in order to learn a bit more of what was to come in this episode.

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina" Elijah explained.

Footsteps are heard and all three of them turn around to see Klaus walking into the study.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection" Klaus said.

"What protection? He's just using her as a weapon" Ken scoffed.

That girl was nowhere near protected, not when the hybrid is the reason she lost Timothy.

Holden looked at Klaus and Klaus looked at him. The two stared at each other for a few seconds before looking away.

It's quite clear that after what almost happened between them the other day has created some awkward tension between them.

"Understatement of the century" Tankhun scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Tay nodded in agreement as he crossed his arms over his chest.

The two of them were still very angry at the fact that they didn't get to see a kiss between the werewolf and the hybrid.

Not only that but no doubt it would be awkward between those two because of what almost happened.

Klaus looked down at the drawing of Celeste before looking at his brother.

"Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence" Klaus said.

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" Elijah frowned.

Klaus shrugged as he sat down on a nearby chair.

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus asked.

"For power" Holden muttered.

He laid his head down on his sister's shoulder to which Hayley wrapped an arm around him, holding him close.