Chapter 1

Moon:0

Lightkit: 4 moons old

"Speaking"

"Thought"

"Emphasizing or yelling"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was leafbare

Which meant snow, a lot of it, along with cold weather that made a lot of prey hide. Luckily, some warriors are able to withstand the chillness of leafbare, enough to hunt the little amount of prey still out during leafbare, some better than most in some clans.

Among all the dens inside of Moonclan camp was a well protected one called the nursery. Inside the said den were four queens with a lot of kits.

Three of the four queens have already given birth to their kits, who were all running around the den with a lot of energy. Well, almost all of them.

.

.

.

(Lightkit 3rd POV)

Lightkit was sitting near the entrance of the nursery staring at the falling snow, their tail twitching ever so slightly. "Lightkit, don't stand so close to the entrance you're gonna get cold doing that." Mintscar said, looking at the brown furred kit.

Lightkit let out a small sigh walking over to their mother and sitting down near her. Mintscar wasted no time wrapping her tail around the small kit and licking their pelt trying to keep them warm. "I just don't want you to get sick, dear." she said. 

"Don't you want to play with your sister and the other kits?"Mintscar asked. "No thanks. They play a bit too rough for me." Speaking of their sister and the other kits. Owlkit was playing with Shrimpkit, Snowkit and Skykit, who were the litter that Windfur ended up having a moon after them. As Bramblekit and Bristlekit were snuggling up to their mother, Hopspots trying to keep themselves warm. The two had opened their eyes just a few sunrises ago. Hopspots was having a conversation with Blossomheart, a pale ginger she-cat who had moved into the nursery around the same time Bramblekit and Bristlekit opened their eyes.

Owlkit was wrestling with Snowkit, who had pounced on her back. Owlkit managed to pin Snowkit to the ground with their paw causing a small squeak to come from the white kit's mouth. "Careful Owlkit. They're younger than you, so you need to be careful with them." Mintscar said to Owlkit. "Yes, mama." Owlkit said as she got off of Snowkit, causing the white furred kit to scramble to her paws as she hid behind Windfur and stuck her tongue at the black furred she-kit. Owlkit returned the gesture before being picked up by the scruff by Mintscar.

Mintscar began to rid her kit's fur of dirt from all the tumbling around. Suddenly Lightkit's stomach growled. Right, they haven't eaten at all yet today, and even if there was food there wouldn't be a lot. Lightkit pawed at their mother's flank. 

"Mama, I'm hungry." Lightkit said their tail slowly swayed side to side. "Me too." Owlkit said, looking up at their mother. Mintscar flashed her kits a look of symphony, but before she could answer a voice answered for her. "Lucky we found these just in time then huh?"

Looking towards the entrance of the nursery a light brown tom with green eyes was standing at the entrance of the nursery holding some vole by the tail. "Dad!" both Owl and Lightkit said, running towards the brown tom. 

As he entered three other toms entered. Hawkwing, the gray mackerel tabby entered with a few mice and walked over to Windfur and their kits as he did Snowkit and her siblings began to purr as they nuzzled themselves against their father's fur. Hawkwing smiled as they did and gave each of them of lick on the forehead. Bushfur, the brown tabby tom came in as well holding mice as well as he nuzzled Hopspots head, along with Bramblekit's and Bristlekit's. Then finally Grayfeather came in holding a squirrel in his jaws. As he dropped it in front of Blossomheart, he gently nuzzled her swollen flank, where his unborn kits laid.

"Did you catch those?!" "How hard was it?!" "How did you catch them?!" Owlkit asked as her tail was swishing side to side excitedly.  Coppertooth just let out a small chuckle as he placed a vole infront of the two kits along with Mintscar. "One, yes, I did catch these. Two, it was pretty hard due to leafbare, and three. It's something I'll never tell you." Coppertooth said. Finishing his sentence with a smirk. This caused Owlkit to pout.

"Hey, don't be so upset bud." Coppertooth started. "You'll be hunting soon in the next two moons when you become an apprentice." This made Owlkit perk up. "Really only two more moons!" Owlkit said excited. Both Coppertooth and Mintscar nodded. Owlkit then began to jump up and down happily. "Finally! It feels like I've been waiting forever!" Owlkit said.

As much as they wanted to feel as happy as their sibling, they couldn't help but feel nervous. "Do I really want to be a warrior?" Lightkit mumbled to themself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(806 words for chapter 1)