Chapter 2

Moon:0

Snowkit: 3 moons old.

"Speaking"

"Thought"

"Emphasizing or yelling"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Snowkit 3rd POV)

Snowkit was currently wrestling with Owlkit while her siblings were wrestling with each other. Her white furred fluffed up in excitement as she swiped at the black furred she-kit.  Owlkit quickly dodged it before she returned the swipe. Snowkit wasn't as lucky however, as her paw just barely missed her, causing her to hear a small 'woosh' sound.

Her fur slightly bristled after hearing a small 'woosh' sound. However she noticed that Owlkit was slightly off balance causing her to take her chance, and pounced on Owlkit. 

Owlkit let out a small yowl in surprise, as the two rolled around in the dirt, both trying to top the other. Before Owlkit used her hind legs to push Snowkit off of her and quickly pinned her down. Snowkit let out a small squeak.

"Careful Owlkit. They're younger than you, so you need to be careful with them." Mintscar said to Owlkit. "Yes, mama." Owlkit said as she got off of Snowkit. Snowkit immediately scrambled to her paws and ran towards her mother, Windfur and hid behind her.

The older she-cat let out a small chuckle as she licked the small kit's ear. Snowkit got out from behind her mother. She stuck out her tongue at the older kit who returned the gesture to her. This caused her to frown.

"Now Snowkit, you did it first. If you didn't want Owlkit to do it to you, then you shouldn't do it to her." Windfur said. Snowkit just looked down at her paws until her siblings came over to them. 

"Hey Snowkit, now that you're done getting beaten by Owlkit, do you want to play mossball with us? Skykit asked holding a mossball in her mouth, Shrimpkit right by her. Snowkit's face flushed red as she jumped to her paws.

"I wasn't getting beaten!" Snowkit said her tail up and bristling, before she took a deep breath and sat back down.  "Besides it was just play-fighting, that's all."

"Surrre, it was." Skykit said rolling her eyes, unconvinced. But before she could say anything else, there was a voice.

"Anyone hungry?" Looking towards the nursery entrance was Hawkwing, a gray tabby tom with amber eyes holding a few mice. He was also Snowkit's father.

Happily, she and her siblings ran towards their father, rubbing themselves against their father's legs wanting to share some of their warmth with him, all of them purring, happy to see their father. Hawkwing smiled happily seeing how affectionate all his kits are to him. Putting down the mice he gave each of them a lick on their foreheads. Snowkit, giggled at the feeling of her dad's tongue on her forehead.

"How are you three? Well, I hope." he asked. "Mhm." Shrimpkit repiled. "We played mossball and wrestled!" he voiced laced with excitement as his tail swished side to side.

"That's good." Hawkwing said. As he placed a mouse in front of them. 

They looked at it in confusion and looked back at their father. "Well since you three are around that age of trying solid food, I decide to start with a mouse as your first piece of prey." He explained as he nudged the mouse closer to them. "Here let me make things a bit easier for you." he said as began to strip the mouse of it's fur so that way the meat was visible and pushed it back to them.

They all looked at it with uncertain looks. Snowkit looks over to Lightkit and Owlkit, who were currently eating a vole. Looking back at the mouse, she decided that if she was gonna be an apprentice then she would have to get used to this. Taking a bite of the vole,she was greeted with the savory and juicy flavors of the vole. 

Seeing how much their sister was enjoying the vole, Shrimp and Skykit, also took their first bite and was greeted with the same experience. Soon all three of them were devouring the prey quickly.

Snowkit licked her lips at finishing her last piece of prey. She looked over to see Skykit playing with their father while Shrimpkit was resting with their mother. But soon it will all come to an end once they become apprentices. Still she should enjoy these moments while they last, she did only have three more moons before she would become an apprentice.

Maybe then she'll be able to hunt for own vole.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(727 words for chapter 2)