Chapter 13

Moon: 2 ¼

Longpaw: 6 moons old

"Speaking"

"Thought"

"Emphasizing or yelling"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Longpaw's 3rd POV)

As soon Longpaw stepped out of camp he was met with a harsh leafbare wind.

Longpaw swallowed back his shivers as he continued and began to followed his brother and Blizzardpool.

Up ahead, Wavepaw was trotting through the snow as he kept asking Blizzardpool questions.

"When will we begin training? Will I always go out with my littermates? How are we going to practice fishing and swimming if the river is frozen?" Wavepaw asked.

Blizzardpool just chuckled. "All your questions will be answered once we officially start training. For now, we're just taking a tour of the territory."

Wavepaw slightly pouted but nodded none the less. 

"That would make sense, since we would have to know the territory before we do anything." Longpaw thought.

As they walked they reached a large field of ice. As Longpaw walked around a bit to see few rocks making a path to the other side.

"Wooah, look at all that ice!" Wavepaw exclaimed as he to a few steps onto the ice, only to get pulled back by Blizzardpool.

"Yes, ice that can break. This place is the river that marks our border with Moonclan, and it is very important that you two don't go out on the ice without a warrior around." Blizzardpool warned.

"He's right you know, I've heard stories about cats getting pulled under and drowning in the currents. I don't want the same thing to happen to you."

Both Wavepaw and Longpaw nodded. "What a terrible fate to happen to a Rainclan cat! To think that the same thing that supports us could also kill us!" Longpaw thought.

Continuing to their tour around the territory. They reached a large black rock path. 

Longpaw's nose scrunched up as he smelt a rancid stench.

"Yuch! What is that smell?!" Wavepaw yowled as he covered his nose with his paw. 

"That, my friend is the thunderpath. This one marks our border with Sunclan. Sunclan territory is on the other side." Streamscar explained.

"Like the ice, you should take caution as a lot of cats have been killed by monsters here. Be sure to stay off the thunderpath and stay on the grass."  Blizzardpool said.

As they walked, they reached a thicket of trees with a clearing.

"This place, is the Beech Copse. We'll use this place to learn how to fish and hunt for our prey, as well as fight our enemies."  Streamscar explained.

He and Blizzardpool walked forwards the clearing as they stood on the edge of clearing.

"How bout you and Wavepaw show us what you two can do?" Streamscar exclaimed as he flicked his tail to the center of the clearing.

Wavepaw perked up at this as his tail started to swish from side to side. "Really? You mean you're really going to let us do some battle training?"

Blizzardpool nodded. "So that way we know what we need to work on for you guys. But make sure to keep your claws sheathed."