Chapter 11

Moon: 2 ¼

Cinderkit: 6 moons old

"Speaking"

"Thought"

"Emphasizing or yelling"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Cinderkit's 3rd POV)

Cinderkit and her siblings were shaking in excitement as today was the day they would become apprentices. 

Quailstar had already called for a clan meeting so now all they were waiting for, was for him to call them up.

The four kits straighten up when they noticed Quailstar about to speak.

"As we all know Veletheart has given birth to litter of kits a few moons ago. Now it is time for that litter to become apprentices." Quailstar said, his voice echoing through out the grotto as he stood on top of the mossy rock.

"Toadkit, Cinderkit, Marigoldkit and Solkit, please step up." Quailstar said. The kits stepped out of the crowd and into the clearing, Solkit was hesitant to do so, but Cinderkit brushed her tail on his shoulder as she gave him a small smile. Solkit took a deep breath as he held his tail up high.

"Toadkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time you have been apprenticed. However I can tell that the way a warrior is not a path you want to follow is it?" Quailstar asked. Toadkit nodded his head in response. Quailstar nodded back at him. "Very well then, until you receive your medicine cat name, you will be known as Toadpaw. Your mentor will be Berrytail. I hope Berrytail will pass down all she knows onto you."

Both Russetbelly and Berrytail perked up this, not excepting Berrytail being the one chosen to mentor Toadpaw. 

"Berrytail you are to take on an apprentice. You have received training from Brokensong, and you are shown to be hardworking and caring. You will be the mentor of Toadpaw. I expect you to pass down all you've learned from Brokensong down to Toadpaw.

Berrytail walked to Toadpaw and touched noses with him. Cinderkit was happy for her brother, knowing he was going to do something he loved.

"Cinderkit," Cinderkit turned her attention back to Quailstar as he started again.

"From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Cinderpaw. Your mentor will be Fernclaw, I hope Fernclaw will be able to pass down all he knows to you." Quailstar said.

Fawntooth was shocked at first, before it turned into a large smile. Cinderpaw remembered that Fernclaw was her brother, and that she's his first apprentice. 

"Fernclaw you are ready to take on an apprentice. As you have shown that you are a good hunter and fighter, and you have received excellent training from Twigfern, and I hope that you will follow her paw steps in being a good mentor." Quailstar said with a smile.

Cinderpaw walked up to Fernclaw and touched noses with him,  smiling happily that she was officially an apprentice. 

Cinderpaw and Fernclaw walked back into the crowd waiting patiently for her siblings to get apprenticed. Cinderpaw looked up at Fernclaw who just smiled back at her. Cinderpaw than turned back to her siblings who still had to be apprenticed.

"Marigoldkit, up until the day you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Marigoldpaw. Your mentor will be Puddlethorn, I hope they can teach about everything they learned from Hailshine." Quailstar said.