Chapter 6

Moon: 1 ¼

Lightkit: 5 moons old

Snowkit: 4 moons old

"Speaking"

"Thought"

"Emphasizing or yelling"

(Upadate:3/31/24-Just to give you an idea of what Lightkit looks like.(The outline comes from the official warriors website, I just colored it in.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lightkit 3rd POV)

Lightkit and Owlkit were getting bigger by the minute.

Soon they would no longer be considered kits, but apprentices, they were definitely the size of one. Well Owlkit more than Lightkit.

Owlkit was taller and had more hard muscle, than Lightkit, who was more on the lean side and was a bit smaller. 

Owlkit was crawling around keeping her tail low. Lightkit looked at her with confusion. 

"What are you doing?" Lightkit asked, looking at their sister in curiosity.

"I'm practicing my hunting crouch! So that way once I become an apprentice next moon, I'll be able to move onto hunting right away!" Owlkit said. Lightkit winced at this.

Right, the very next moon will be the start of their apprenticeship. Which would soon lead to their warrior days, hunting, fighting, patrols, and all the things warriors have to do, all the things Lightkit doesn't want to do.

Lightkit was cut out off when she heard a painful groan. Looking over to the source of the groan she saw Blossomheart groaning in pain as she had her ginger furred tail wrapped around her stomach. 

"Blossomheart are you okay?!" Windfur asked, her gray eyes shining with concern.

"N-no. I t-think my kits are coming!" Blossomheart said as her eyes widened. The other queen's eyes widened. 

"I'll go get the medicine cats!" Windfur said as she ran out the den. While Mintscar went over to the kitting queens side. Hopspots used her tail to brush the kits out of the den to them some space. 

"Is Blossomheart going to be okay?" Bramblekit asked his mother. 

"She'll be fine, after all Firefall, Emberleaf and Featherfur, are going to help her." Bristlekit said. "Right mom?" Firefall and Featherfur walked into the nursery holding a bundle of leaves right past them.

"That's right dear." Hopspots said as she rapped her tail around them.

Another reason they didn't want to be a warrior. Kits. They may only be a kit them self, but one thing's for sure is that they don't want kits in the future. But their mate might say otherwise, begging them for kits, heck they're not even sure if they want a mate themself. 

Lightkit pulled themself out of their thoughts when Grayfeather walked over to them, just coming back from a patrol, his fur spiked up with worry. 

"Is Blossomheart okay?! Are the kits here yet?!" he said.

"Relax Grayfeather. Firefall and Featherfur know what they're doing." Mintscar said.

After a few minutes Firefall left the exited the den along with Featherfur, who wobbled slighted as she did. 

"Two she-kits and two toms, congratulations Grayfeather." The Firefall said as he smiled at his brother, happy for him.

Grayfeather's face lit up as he ran into the nursery. Lightkit slowly followed behind him, not likely the cold chills of leafbare.