Chapter 3

Moon:0

Cinderkit: 4 moons old.

"Speaking"

"Thought"

"Emphasizing or yelling"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the mountains of Snowclan

Snowclan was the most functioning clan during leafbare, as the name of the clan would suggest. The long fur of the Snowclan warriors is what helped them if the harsh cold of leafbare and their strong legs helped them climb the mountain and hunt prey with ease. This helped make sure there was enough prey in the fresh-kill pile.

Three kits were all playing in the clearing, but stayed close to the nursery. One of which was a young gray furred she-kit named Cinderkit.

(Cinderkit 3rd POV)

As she and her siblings were playing a game of mossball with their father as the mossball bounced around the clearing as her mother and brother,Toadkit watched them from the nursery.

As Marigoldkit tried to pounce on the mossball it slipped away from her paws, as it continued to bounce. That's when Cinderkit leaped up and chased after it until she got close enough to hook it with her claws and slammed it to the ground, shredding the mossball in the process.

"Great you ruined it!" Marigoldkit said seeing the shredded mossball in her sister's claws. Her gray tail bristled and swished side to side.

"It was getting away." Cinderkit grumbled, shaking her claws to get rid of the rest of the moss stuck to her claws.

"Do we have another mossball?" Solkit asked looking up at his father. 

Russetbelly looked down at his kit as he replied, "No that was our last one." He looked back up as he studied the clearing. "But lucky I have another game we can do."  Russetbelly said as he got up. The kits looked at him with confusion as they watched him grab a few sticks from the nursery and placed it on the other side of the clearing, as he walked back over to them with a small stone and placed it in front of them. 

"What are you doing?" Marigoldkit asked as her tail twitched.

"We're gonna have a little race." Russetbelly said as he flicked his gray tail towards the sticks. "Those sticks over there are the finish line." 

Marigoldkit jumped to her paws when she heard that. " And I'll be the first one to cross that finish line, since I'll become the fastest Snowclan warrior!" Solkit then nudged her. "No, because I'll be the first one across the finish line and be the best warrior ever!" Solkit said. They both sent a glare towards each before Cinderkit got between the two. "Relax, and besides it's just a game, that's all."  "Fine." They both mumbled as they looked away. They all began to line, making sure they were all behind the two small stones that marked the starting line.

"Aright are we all ready to start?" Russetbelly asked. They all nodded their tails twitching eagerly. "Alright then." he said.

 "Ready...Set...Go!" Russetbelly said as he's tail went straight up. 

They took off all running as fast as they could. Cinderkit ran as fast as she could, lifting her paws off the ground as soon as they made contact with the ground. Running past both of her siblings she looked back to see that they ended stopping looking at her with a look of uncertainty.

"Why did they stop?"  Cinderkit thought before she looked forward. Her eyes widened when she saw a group of cats entering camp and walking into the clearing. 

Cinderkit skidded on her paws as she tried to stop herself before she crashed into the group, however it wasn't enough as she crashed into the legs of one of the warriors. Causing them to start wobbling due to their leg being swiped out from under them.

"Ack!" the warrior said with a yowl as they fell to the ground with a thud, their piece of prey still in their mouth. 

Cinderkit opened her eyes to look at the warrior she took down only to see it was Fawntooth, the Snowclan deputy.  

The gray she-kit green eyes widened when she realized she took out the deputy. "I-I'm so sorry! didn't pay attention to where I was going a-and I-" she was cut off when she heard a laugh.

 "It's fine, really! It's not the first time I got taken out by a kit, and it probably won't be my last." The gray deputy said as she stood up and shook the dirt out of her pelt.  Cinderkit felt her fur flatten in relieved when she heard that.

"I must say though you're strong for a kit your age." Fawntooth said. But before she could ask her what she meant she heard a voice.

"I hope Cinderkit didn't harm you too much, Fawntooth." Turning around she saw Russetbelly walking up to the deputy, Marigoldkit along with Solkit right behind him. "An injured deputy is no good for a clan." 

"Nah, she's fine." Fawntooth said as she walked to the fresh-kill pile. "And besides I'm pretty sure I did something similar to you when I was kit. So consider this as a little pay back." Fawntooth joked. 

Russetbelly just smiled seeing that the deputy still remembered her kit days. "Well I suppose we should let you continue with your day." Russetbelly said as he used his tail to brush the kits towards the nursery. The three of them ran towards the nursery where their mother was sleeping in her nest along with Toadkit.

Marigoldkit and Solkit went to Dappledfang, where the three of them were playing a small game. While Cinderkit went towards her mother, and gently nudged her causing her to wake up.

"Want to join us?" Veletheart asked tiredly, Cinderkit nodded. Veletheart moved her tail so that way Cinderkit could lay down near her sleeping brother. Once settled in her mother moved her bushy brown tail over her, acting like a cover to protect her from the cold chills that would come in from the entrance. 

Cinderkit slowly closed her eyes, enjoying her mother and brother's warmth. She smiled as she soaked in every bit of it, knowing that this warmth wouldn't last forever, as when she becomes an apprentice all this would be gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1008 words for chapter 3)

(Did you really think that all the main characters would be in the same clan?)