Chapter 16: The Demon of The Hidden Mist!

-🌸-

Gatou: "You failed?! What do you mean you failed?! I spent a lot of money to hire you because I heard you were all skilled ninjas! Was this all a waste of my time?!"

Gatou was currently facing one of the most dangerous swordsman to ever live, and yet, still decides to scream right onto the man's face. The man was sadistic on his murder methods and it couldn't be different with the ninjas who followed and trained with him. 

Teached to have his cold blood and apathetic traits towards others, it was an absolute win to ask for his assistance when it was about killing people for money. But not even the richest man in the world could show an inch of direspect towards Zabuza Momochi.

Raising his hand to grab his sword, he instantly aimed it towards the litlle old man's direction; making him flinch.

Zabuza: "Stop with your bitching already! I can't stand it." He coldly spoke with his deep voice "There's no need to worry. This time I'Il personally take charge of the matter and kill them all." 

Gatou: "A-Are you sure? I-It seems that our enemy hired some very skilled ninjas, and with the demon brother's failure, they'll definetly be more cautious."

Zabuza could only let out an scold.

Zabuza: "Tch. Do you have any understanding of who you are talking to? Don't forget there's a reason why I'm called the devil of the hidden mist. Zabuza Momochi will forever be marked like that."

-🌸-

Sakura could only sigh at what she was seeing; hiding her face on her right palm. Despite knowing that the blonde would do this, it was still unbelievable how he can easily do that with his own body when younger. 

She knows for sure that she wouldn't do that if it was her — only if it was extremely necessary. 

And even so, it would be extremely difficult to just hurt yourself like that without caring for your own skin or the pain you would feel. 

Rin: "Naruto, what is this?! Have you lost your mind?!" His older sister screamed at him in worry.  

The blonde boy wasn't afraid of his sister's scolding by any means. 

What he was afraid of whatever, was to stay behind his friends like that. 

He cannot believe what he did back then; staying frozen wasn't what he was planning to do! 

He knew he should have already be stronger by now. 

He completed many missions back at the village and was not only practicing jutsus with Rin but also enhancing his taijustu with his team. So for him to be the one saved... to be the one who was protected instead of shielding his own body to save someone...

It was unfair. 

He couldn't and won't lose to Sasuke or Sakura ever again. 

That's why he decided to hurt himself — to swear on the pain of his left hand that he wouldn't stay behind. 

This was his shinobi path after all.

Even though his reasoning was correct inside his head, for the others it weren't. He penetrated an deep area on his hand which was causing an great amount of blood to come out. Even so, he turned to everyone — ignoring the sweats that formed on his forehead because of the pain — and victoriously smiled.

Naruto: "Listen well! With this kunai over here, I'Il protect the old man, so don't even think of making us turn back! We're continuing the mission!"

An good amount of silence was made on the team for some seconds — the wind carefully passing through their features — and even though everyone was surprised on their own ways, it was obvious that the blonde boy made an stupid move once again.