Chapter 2

"Good morning Mrs. Malaiwong, do you need help with breakfast this morning?" Becky asks as she walks into the small kitchen. "Good morning honey! I'm okay, you should go and rest some more." replies Mrs. Malaiwong with a smile on her face.

"Don't worry ma'am, I slept great and could really get going this morning. Plus, Irin took over the whole bed and practically pushed me off this morning." She says laughing at the memory of this morning's proceedings. Mrs. Malaiwong smiles as she shakes her head at the antics of her daughter.

"You should really call me mom by now you know... It's been almost 15 years you've been living with us. You are a part of the family." She says with a sympathetic smile on her face. Becky looks down at the floor as she hears this and forces a smile on her face.

"Yes of course, you are practically a mom to me. I will go collect some eggs from the chicken coup and will help you with breakfast." She walks out the door with determination and heads to the small animal farm behind their stone house. The house is a three-bedroom home with a small kitchen and dining area. There was a small patio area near the back and the back yard was just big enough for a small chicken coup and a fenced area for a cow and a small goat.
It wasn't much, but it was enough to keep food on the table and provide a small income from the extra eggs and milk that was sold.

Becky had been living at the Malaiwong's house since she was 6 years old. Irin's family had taken her in amid the war. Her mother and father lived in the outskirts of Gilan in the region of Tehran. Tehran was just out of the reign of the Chankimha family. It was a province ruled by Romanan, an unjustly ruler who came into power by suppressing the people of the land, killing those who defied him and causing terror to the people who lived there.

The people of Tehran were practically slaves to Romanan and his empire, forced to do labor work for his profit for little to no pay. The stronger men were forced into the army and the women were made to look after the young children and animals. Anyone who tried to escape or dared to defy their ruler was submitted to extreme torture and death.
Becky can still remember the night when she was forced from her home and brought to the Malaiwong's house.

With a bitter gulp, Becky fought the memory that caused stinging behind her closed eyes and rather focused on her task for the day.
All she knew was that on her upcoming 21st birthday she would begin the mission to go look for her parents, one way or another.