Chapter 51

Freen rejoined the party and kept her eyes on Romanan after their shady encounter. She was unsure if he had witnessed any of her interaction with Becky and decided to watch him to see if she could pick up on any strange behaviors. As Billy joined her back at the table, she watched as Romanan called on one of his guards and whispered something before the guard walked away in a hurry. She watched him curiously as he seemed deep in thought taking sips of the whiskey in his hand.

"Does your father seem off to you?" Freen asked Billy as he stuffed his mouth with appetizers. Billy looked at her and turned to look for his father. Once he spotted him, he watched him for a few seconds before shaking his head no. "He seems to be lost in thought. Probably thinking about business." He continued eating as Freen continued to watch him. She looked away when she noticed him look at her. After a few seconds she looked back at him and noticed as he was watching her with a serious expression on his face. He lifted his glass and cheers her from across the room. She reluctantly picked up her wine glass and returned the motion. He smiled wickedly before downing the whole glass and sitting back to watch her and Billy. She ignored his stares and pretended to entertain Billy in small conversation.

————————————————————-

Becky walked out of the palace and headed towards the secret entrance. She waited outside the palace fence in the dark night for any sign of Tee and Irin. The crickets chirped in the night and the sound of faint music filled the sky. She paced back and forth nervously as the sound of leaves crunched underneath her. "C'mon Irin, where are you?" She turned her attention to a loud snapping of a twig on her left side by the tree line. She squinted her eyes in the darkness to try and make out the source of the sound. As she was busy trying to make out any movement to her left, she felt a large hand cover her mouth and grab her. She tried to scream but her attempts were muffled by the hand over her mouth.

"Shhhh... It's just me." Becky stopped squirming and looked to face the tall figure behind her. Tee smiled at her sheepishly as Becky launched forward to punch her in the arm. "Ow! What was that for?" Becky squinted her eyes in anger at her and through clenched teeth angrily whispered. "Are you crazy? You scared the living daylights out of me!" Tee chuckled and rubbed her arm. "Sorry Bec, I just wanted to make sure you didn't yell when I came up behind you. It's pretty spooky out here." Becky rolled her eyes at Tee and sighed. "Not the best idea, but where is Irin?" Tee turned to point around the corner to an invisible car. "She's just around the corner, Bon Bon needed to go for a walk so we moved farther away from the palace. She told me to come get you as soon as I saw the door open."

Becky nodded and instantly forgave her. "Let's get out of here. I'm pretty sure I heard something or someone over there." She motioned to the left side where Tee also began looking for any sign of movement. "Ooooouu! Spooky! Maybe it's a Preta....." Becky sucked her teeth and swatted at Tee who in turn avoided her hands. "Stop it, there is no such thing. Now let's go!" She said as she quickly made her way towards the car. Tee laughed as she followed behind. "Walking pretty fast for someone who is not scared." Becky rolled her eyes as she continued to walk quickly towards the car.