Chapter 8

Becky made her way into the palace looking for the room where the selections for the first maiden were being made. She followed the instructions given to her by the guard at the door and made her way into the front of the throne room. She stood at the large wooden closed doors and hesitated for a second before going forward.

"Hello, I'm a little late, but I'm here for the first maiden selections. I would like to make a presentation for the position." She mentioned to the guard at the door. He shook his head at her late arrival, but opened the door to the throne room and let her in. Becky walked in and took in the beauty of the room before her. She had never seen anything as grand and beautiful as the Chankimha palace. She quickly made her way to the line of candidates and stood there taking in every detail of the room.

She notice the door to the left of the room open and in walked the girl she had bumped into earlier. She watched as the taller girl made her way across the room into the dais. She gazed at her captivating every aspect of the beautiful girl. She was astonished at the natural beauty of the girl and watched as her long black hair swayed with every step. Her beautiful blue dress wrapped every curve in her body and the sapphire necklace around her neck accentuated her beautiful dark eyes and luscious lips.

Becky's mind went back to the moment just a few minutes when she was in the girl's arms. Her rosy cheeks and bunny like teeth had captivated her earlier and filled her with butterflies. Becky did not know why she was so captivated by the girl before her but wrote it off as being nervous and captivated by the new environment around her. She watched as the girl made her way to the chair beside the Queen and took a seat. Surprised, Becky wondered if she was the princess and she was instantly filled with fear and nervousness.

"Lets continue and finish this procession!" the Queen ordered. All the corresponding servants followed instruction and the presentations continued. As Becky's turn approached, her hands began to shake and doubt filled her mind. Why was she doing this? She wasn't qualified to do this and she did not belong in a place so fancy as the palace. She figured she would not be getting the position especially after almost running the assumed princess over and being late.

"Next." The Queen ordered. Becky stepped forward and she looked up towards the throne at the Queen before her and what she assumed was the princess.

"Proceed with your presentation." The Queen ordered. With a shaky breath Becky spoke, "Hello your highness, my name is Becky."