Chapter 1: "Apocalypseburg"

[5 Years Later]

A prisoner sat alone in a dark interrogation room. His messy light blue hair fell over his face. He was a Systarian, and it was very obvious. Glitter still covered his torn up outfit.

Even years later, the war between the Bricksburg citizens, and the Systarians hadn't ended. The world turned darker, and harder to live in.

It was rebuilt, and became Apocalypseburg. The toughest place to live.

The door to the room finally opened. A man dressed in soldier-like clothing stepped in. He crossed his arms, and showed a smirk.

"You're in for it now, Systarian. The boss is on his way, and he's really angry at you for trying to bomb our weapon storage."

"In the name of Queen Watevra." The Systarian snapped, "You've done nothing but destroy our kingdom."

"You destroyed our city. It's only fair. You better talk, because let me tell you...you don't mess with this guy. He worked his way to the top from nothing. Started out as a blank slate I heard."

"Why would I be scared of him? He's just some leader."

Footsteps could be heard echoing, and nearing the room. The Systarian tensed up, and leaned back in his seat.

"You've got the wrong point of view, Buddy." The Soldier laughed, "This guy started training the second he got back on his feet. He was smart. Influenced by the need to be more than nothing. Fought sixteen people for the position, and knocked them all out in one punch."

The footsteps grew their loudest as the soldiers moved out of the way, letting someone else step inside. He bowed to be polite, and respectful.

"Commander Dangervest."

"This better be good, Ken. I'm not in the mood today."

"We captured a Systarian. Goes by the name 'Tempo'. He was caught by the other soldiers as he was trying to bomb all of our weapons in supplies."

The Systarian prisoner observed the leader of Apocalypseburg. Rex Dangervest.

His original name, or anything of what he was before had lost all meaning. He was a different person since he lost his memory five years ago.

He stood tall, and proud. He wore a dark blue sweater, and dark brown pants, underneath a long tan coat. A supply belt took the place of a regular one.

It was fitting attire for Apocalypseburg. Despite being out and about all day, he still somehow seemed clean, and put together.

Just as the soldier mentioned, after Rex recovered, he became easily influenced by those around him. Having no identity of his own. He had to work to get where he was, and in the end, he proved himself the toughest.

The community put it to a vote, and he won his position after fighting sixteen other people for it.

He was the best of the best. And everyone knew it.

Tempo, as he was known by, showed anger in his expression. "It was for Queen Watevra!"

Rex was annoyed. He pulled out the chair on the other end of the table, and sat down. He waved to one of the soldiers in the room, giving him the cue to go get something.

As soon as he left, the Commander leaned forward, resting on his hands.

"One, go tell your queen to suck my ass. Two, you'll be lucky to even make it back to her. I could let you go, or you could stay here and be tortured. Only you decide how this will go."