Chapter 3: "Emotions"

Marie sat alone in her cell, alone with her own thoughts. She sighed deeply, and leaned on her knees.

She was so bored, and it was obvious.

She tapped her foot, and hummed a quiet tune. One from a classical song she hadn't heard in years, and yet it still echoed in her mind.

"I could fall asleep just sitting here, but this cell isn't comfortable at all. Oh, if only it was like a fairytale. My prince could come and rescue me." She finally spoke.

Her dreamy thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps. She looked outside of her cell, and watched as Rex approached the bars.

"You again." She looked around him, "Where are your guards? You know, the one's you boss around all the time."

"It's just me and you." Rex replied.

He took a set of keys out of his coat pocket, and unlocked the cell. As soon as he did, he opened the door, and threw the keys aside. As if he no longer cared about them.

Marie showed a confused expression, and stood up. She crossed her arms, pretending to act much tougher than she actually was.

"So...are you here to ask me more questions? I have plenty of time. I suppose."

Rex stepped inside, and smirked at her.
"You're right. First question...why are you so cute?"

Marie blinked, "...huh?"

He traced his fingertips along her jawline, and lifted her chin. The two stared into each other's eyes intensely.

The Princess blushed heavily, and nervously squeaked.
"Ah, um-! What-?! Uh-!"

Before she could continue trying to speak, he placed a passionate kiss on her lips. Despite the surprise of it, Marie soon melted into it.

She ran her hands through his hair, as he pushed her into the wall. The two had an intense make out session, not paying attention to the guards calling out to them.

————————————

"Hey!" An Apocalypseburg guard shouted.

Marie woke up with a jump, and a gasp. She breathed heavily as she looked up at him. She sat up swiftly

"What?!"
"Woah, calm down." The Guard raised an eyebrow, "You have a nightmare or something?"

"I..." The Princess cleared her throat, "No. no, I...what do you want? Are you aware that I didn't sleep last night?"

"Yes, Miss Stardust, but I've been instructed by Commander Dangervest to take you to his office. He wants to properly speak to you. Alone."

She blinked, and punched herself, before rubbing her arm. She was definitely awake.

"I guess I don't have a choice."

She stood up, and followed the guard out of the cell. The two of them walked down the hallway. She grew silent, because all she could do was think.

She had a dream, and not just any dream. A dream where she was willingly romantic with the Leader of Apocalypseburg. Rex Dangervest.

She has had dreams about guys before, but never as vivid as that one. She sighed, and kept her gaze to the floor.

'Why would I have a dream like that? I'm not in love with him. He's my enemy.' She thought in her mind, 'But...he's also kind, and handsome and...ah! What am I thinking?! I have to focus on getting out of here.'