Chapter 10: "Emends"

Marie ran through the palace, the click of her heels nearly drowning out the echoing of destruction through the halls.

She reached Watevra's meeting room, and hurriedly opened the large doors. She desperately called out to her friend.

"Watevra!"

The Queen turned his gaze away from her team, slightly annoyed by the Presence of the Princess.

"Marie. Don't rush me. I'm almost done."

"No! It's not that! It's-"

The Palace shook, and stray bricks fell from the ceiling. The echoes of broken walls and furniture caught the Queen's attention.

"What's going on?!"

"Watevra, before you check out anything, please give me a chance to explain."

She wasn't interested in hearing what Marie had to say. She was more interested in what was going on within the walls of her dark and dreary palace.

The Alien Queen quickly slithered towards the open doors, and peeked out, over the Princess. Her eyes widened, as she saw Rex destroy everything.

Her walls, pillars, and decorations all came crashing down. Due to his rage filled rampage.

"The Commander!"

"Please! Let me explain!" Marie called again, "It's Louis! He-!"

"You were waiting for me to let my guard down! So that you could destroy my palace! You're working with him!" Watevra accused, "Go deal with this!"

Every guard and assistant in the room nodded, and exited through the doors in a hurry. The Princess shook her head, and continued to plead with her.

"No! It's not that at all! Please, listen to me. I know you don't trust him, but he wouldn't do this. Louis is behind this!"

"There you go. Blaming him again. Didn't you just tell me he was locked up? How could he possibly be
behind this? You're totally not making any sense now!"

"Just listen!" Marie shouted, her voice echoing throughout the palace.

The Queen was admittedly a bit shocked. She had never heard such a tone from her before. Anger wasn't completely natural to Marie, and without the influence of a spell, it was obvious her voice was her own.

After sighing deeply, the Princess placed a hand on her chest, and continued speaking.

"Rex and I are dating." She confessed.

"...what?"

"You heard me. He's my boyfriend. Just like you, I fell in love with someone from Apocalypseburg."

Watevra narrowed her eyes, "Its been so little of a time. How could you possibly know that you're in love with him?"

"I know him. He's everything I've ever wanted. As soon as I looked into his eyes, my heart melted. I could see a sweetness behind them, and his gaze calmed me. We talked about each other. About our dreams. Everything about his completely balanced out mine."

"But, Marie-."

"But nothing, Watevra! You don't know him like I do. He's a hero, and you're the villain! You've been nothing but duplicitous, malicious, conniving, and nasty! I think it's time you redeem yourself."

"But..." The Alien Queen paused, "He's destroying my palace!"

"He doesn't mean to. He's under a spell."

"...a spell?"

The Princess of Stardust nodded, "Louis seems to have escaped containment. He found us in the garden, and shot Rex with a dart, filled was his potion. The same potion he put in the pills, tripled. He wants him to destroy this kingdom, so any chance of unity is lost."