Chapter 4: "Love"

Rex walked through the streets of Apocalypseburg, on his own. The sun had gone down, and it was a surprisingly beautiful night.

For the first time in a long time, there were many stars in the sky. They sparkled so vibrantly, that he swore there was stardust dropping over the dunes of the vast surrounding desert.

He looked up at them, and smiled.
"The stars. They remind me of Marie's eyes."

He blinked, and shook his head. He found himself thinking only about her. He hadn't had a good day in years, and his first one in forever was with her by his side.

"What am I saying? Why can't I stop thinking about her? I guess...that's why I'm doing this in the first place."

He walked up to a small tent in the Apocalypseburg shopping center. He and Marie passed it earlier, but he didn't pay much attention to it before. Now, he was in a different situation.

He was wondering if he had fallen in love with his enemy. The Princess of Stardust.

He didn't realize it until his guard pointed it out, but now, he had to know for sure. If the future had something in store for him, he wanted to know.

Rex finally entered the tent, and looked around. The tent itself was a dark purple color. There were decorations of tarot cards, and posters of magic.

"Commander Dangervest." A woman with black and purple hair emerged from the back end of the tent, "The universe whispered to me that you might be paying me a visit."

"Well, Larissa, you're the city's only fortune teller...and one of its magic experts. I need some readings done." He replied.

"Hmm. They must be pretty important for you to travel all this way after the sun has set. Have a seat."

The Commander pushed his coat back, as he sat down on the velvet stool. The Fortune Teller known as 'Larissa' sat down on the other end of the table.

"So, what brings you here tonight? I'm sensing...wonder in your aura." She smiled.

"I...well, I'm wondering if I have a crush on someone."

"I see. Let me read you." Larissa reached out her hand.

Rex offered his to her, and she placed her other one over his. She focused on his aura.

"Describe them to me."

"She's a woman. Her...eyes sparkle like the stars. She has brunette hair with...another color. She's twenty eight. Makes me laugh."

Larissa smiled, "Your aura glows when you speak of her. It turns red, dominating over your more relaxed blue."

"So...what does that mean?"
"I've never seen someone this in love before."

"What?!" Rex blinked, "Are you sure?"

"It's never been more clear to me. You're happy, and I haven't seen you smile the entire time I've lived here. I think that really says something."

"...she is beautiful, and so cute. She's different from other women that I've met. She's so fun. I...haven't had fun in ages."

"She sees past 'Commander' and sees only 'Rex'. She sees your heart. Your soft, kind heart. Underneath the harshness you put over it."

"Wow..." Rex blushed slightly, "She sounds amazing."

Larissa removed her hands, and took a moment to listen to the universe around her. He was impressed by her natural connection with magic, something incredibly rare in Apocalypseburg.