Silence

" Everyone was extremely worried for you, king was restless when he got to know that there was an attack. Thankfully Jeon got there in time that day. The king ordered the highest ranked warriors and guards to be put on the duty of guarding the borders of Silla. " Yoonji said while he slurped some warm chicken soup.

" From now warlord will have to visit the borders at least once a day. I feel bad for him to be honest. The king somehow blamed him for everything and now everyone all around the kingdom are talking shit about poor him. I'm just happy about the fact that at least you are safe. " She mumbled out, making Taehyung sigh in annoyance.

" How about you tone down your sympathy for Jeon Jungkook? What's wrong with you noona? Obviously everyone all around the kingdom are talking shit about him for a reason. I also have some doubts on him. " He scoffed off making her frown in confusion. " What do you mean?- "

" What if it was all planned by Jungkook? What if he secretly made alliances with other kingdom and turned against our kingdom to get rid of me and blackmail my father into giving up the royalty. " After hearing Taehyung, Yoonji just stared at him in confusion.

" Sometimes your thought process amaze me Tae, if he wanted you to be taken he wouldn't rush to clear the place out, alone. The warriors were sent by the king later. Now that we know about what happened, him rushing there alone saved you. If he waited for the warriors to be there, who knew what the other kingdom's warlord would have done to you. " She replied making him looking up at her with some kind of hesitation(?)

" H- he wanted to paint himself the noble image. " He immediately replied to her, or to himself to keep his thoughts quiet. " Whatever keeps your mental peace. " Yoonji tsked out with a smirk. " So... What did they say about me staying in that house. " He asked, ignoring Yoonji's previous statement.

" Well... As I said, the warlord will be visiting the borders once a day. I believe he will have to guard the borders for awhile too before the situation calms itself down. Everyone is on the edge right now. A war could take place but for now it doesn't seem like it. So even though no one said anything about you going back to his house, I believe at least till Jeon's border duty ends you will be staying here in your palace. " She explained, making Taehyung hum in agreement.

" The king did ask warlord to live with you in your palace but he strongly declined. So I don't know about any permanent solution. " She added. " It's good if he doesn't want to live here. " He frowned when he heard her laugh. " But that's not how things work Tae- "

" I don't care. I don't want to be with him. " He only saw her cracking a smile while shaking her head. " We are all in a illusion that makes us believe we have the freedom of choice. " It wasn't like Taehyung understood much but he just ate in silence after listening to his noona.

Internally, he was sure about the fact that he wasn't going back to Jungkook or his house though. He was pretty sure about his this choice at least.

------------------------------------------------------

Next morning...

" I'm glad that you have finally woken up son, I was extremely worried for you. " The queen said as she ruffled her son's hair. Taehyung just flashed his boxy smile. " Missed you so much. My baby got hurt so bad. " His mom added making him pout.

" It does hurt quite a lot... " He groaned out in a sleepy voice, still not able to properly open his eyes. " Have you met Jeon though? " His smile dropped when he heard his mom. He shook his head as a ' no. ' The queen said nothing to him but glared at Yoonji.