The House of Atreus by amaranthine_dreams

The House of Atreus

by amaranthine_dreams

Description: 

The House of Atreus bears a curse. One steeped in blood and nourished by decades of violence.

Klytemnestra knew this when she married Agamemnon, but being a princess in Sparta doesn't leave you with much choice, though she longs for it. The Fates spin their threads impassively but all Klytemnestra wants, is to be free of the shackles that bound her.

Iphigenia has always been the perfect daughter, the perfect princess, beloved by both her people and her father. With Greece on the brink of war, destiny chooses her to fulfil a higher purpose. But she might just have to sacrifice everything.

Elektra is sick of being held down by those in power. Despite being a princess, she is living a life in poverty, one she didn't choose. But when her brother returns home after a long absence, she might just take matters into her own hands.

***Three women. Three secrets. Three tangled lives.***

This story is intended for an adult audience and features depictions of violence, murder and sexual encounters as well as mentions of rape, incest, cannibalism, and suicide.

Genre: Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Mythology

Status : Complete

Rated Mature

Recommendation by CrownedMadness

"The House of Atreus" is a Greek Mythology retelling that revolves around three women: Klytemnestra and her two daughters, Iphigenia and Elektra. The author has done a great job of revitalizing the centuries-old tale, and the narrative is easy to follow, which is particularly beneficial for a complex story like this. This novella is ideal for readers who love complex heroines, multiple points of view, and short books. I highly recommend it for fans of Madeline Miller and Jennifer Saint. Give some love to this budding writer! 

 Give some love to this budding writer!