Chapter Fifteen: Meeting Lucas

Opheila was feeling a lot better being away from Beast City.
She knew that strange asian girl was going to be trouble, she could feel it. She had many friends in the asian magical community and she knew they would of been embarrassed by her especially since Polygamy was very much alive in the magical community and used to be in thr muggle one till about hundred years ago.

Her suitors Harvey and Neil made it very clear they would follow her anywhere when she gave them the choice, but they were thankful.
Winston took charge of the family with Axel away with the eggs. They decided to go across land to the other side of the continent away from a place they called Flame City where the feral king lived.
They travelled for a few weeks, and Opheila was missing Axel so much that it hurt, but it was made a little easier with the others.
They arrived at a horse village a few days ago to give the cubs a chance to rest and play with others, it shocked most of the clan that Opheila had a female cub that could transform but she stated that she already had two suitors and was not looking for more at this moment which they begrudgingly respected.

The day before they were due to carry on with their journey, the village was attacked by three duo marked scorpions and one tri marked scorpion.
Winston, Crimson and Aron all met them knowing that two of them would make sure the scorpions were not match for them but Opheila insisted on three just to be safe which they smiled at her about her care for them.
They quickly dispatched the four scorpion beastmen when they heard a large crash at the hut they were staying in and saw a very large red and black snake shaking against a dome, they knew their mate created the dom before they could reach it a shock wave left the dome knocking the snake unconscious along with many others.
When they got to the dome, they saw Opheila with glowing eyes and her hands in the air, Harvey and Neil were protecting the cubs with Shuu laying on the floor at her feet before she put her hands down then fell to her knees before muttering something and her hands glowed before Shuu took a deep breath then she kissed him before passing out herself but was caught by Winston as he was the first to see her exhaustion and knew she must of used a lot of magic to knock out such a powerful snake beastman.

Winston went to Opheila magic bag and pulled out the enchanted rope, then tighed the snakes hands and feet as her magic forced him to transform. Then tighed him to the tree before going back to check in Opheila with Harvey checking her over then giving her some of the replenishing potions from her bag like she taught him before attending to the others in the village.

The next morning Opheila woke up feeling a little groggy but stretched and when she opened her eyes, she saw that she was in a hut then remembered what had happened last night, she saw her mates in their beast forms and could sense Harvey along with Neil putside the front door.
She sat up and saw Winston loft his head up and then checked her over before nodding and transforming.

"Are you alright, my Opheila?"

"Yes, I am very well. Where is the snake?"

"I used thst special rope and tighed him to a tree."

Opheila giggled at the smugness coming off of Winston and got up. She went to the toilet and washed herself before changing, and then they both went to the Snake Beastman, who was grunting.
They saw him trying to escape from his bounds but was getting fustrated he could not, and then his head shot up when Opheila cleared her throat.
He sucked in a breath at her and just watched her in awe.

"My name is Opheila. Who are you?"

"My name is Lucas."

Opheila looked at Lucas. He had Black hair with hints of red. She also noticed he had no marks, but she felt his power, so Pentra marked male then.

"Why did you attack my temporary home, Lucas?"

Opheila almost smiled when he went bright red and then put his head down before clearing his throat, which caused Winston to snort, but he looked up at Winston with a look of distaste before looking at Opheila

"This is the way it has always been from my inherited memory. We chose a female and took her to be our mate."

"So your ancestors kidnap the female and force her."

Opheila nodded at this because it would make sense, and they would have little choice as society was against them. She did not like it, but she understood.

"You have chosen me?"

Opheila said, making Lucas give a small smile, then nodded with Winston growling at him, but Opheila put her hand on his arms, stopping him instantly before looking at Lucas.

"I will allow you to court me, Lucas, like Harvey and Neil are. I have no prejudice against snake beast men. On the contrary, it would be nice to have a mate with a colder body temperature, especially for the summer.
You must earn the right like they must, but I will warn you now...........do not kill any of my mates.
You will not like the consequences if you do. You may only harm them if you have proof of treachery."

Lucas was listening to Opheila and could not believe that this female was giving him a chance, to court her, to be with her.
None of his ancestors every had that, he thought he would never be with a female but when he saw her near the peacock village, he knew she was the one and when he saw her without any covering in her face, he was captivated even more.
He followed her when she left and knew her dragon mate was attended to the eggs she birthed, he thought it would be easy to take her when the scorpions attacked but what he had not counted on was her power.
After he attacked her wolf mate, she glowed and managed to push him back. Then her eyes glowed, and then blackness took over him.
When he woke up, he was up against but he was tighed wih something strange almost like a vine to the tree but for some reason it would not break, he used all his strength and he still could not move.
He was honestly embarrassed he could not escape but then stopped when he heard a female voice and was once again in awe of her beauty. As she spoke, he could not help but be captivated.
When she offered him the chance to court her, he knew it would agree because no other female would do.

"I accept, Opheila."

He said with an almost cajun grace in his voice that made Opheila almost want to sigh with desire because it was very sexy.
After that, she released him, and they would leave later that day to keep going to see the forest and away from the plains that the horse clan lived.