Tsunami X Riptide

Spoiler alert!

Peril didn't deserve Clay. Peril didn't deserve Clay. Peril didn't deserve Clay! So why did it make her the slightest bit happy Clay liked Peril? Maybe it was that Clay was happy. Tsunami sighed. She remembered the last war and telling Riptide she liked him but that wasn't completely true! Tsunami didn't know how to feel about him. He had lied to her but then was so ... charming? Was that the right word? Tsunami dug her claws in the stone wall of Jade Mountain, sighing.

"Tsunami!" Kinkajou yelled. She was running down the hall. "You are five minutes late for class!"

"Oops," Tsunami said. "I'll be right there." But how could she be right there? So many things needed to be done! HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT RIPTIDE?! She yelled at herself in her brain. That was still a question she couldn't answer. Tsunami let go of the wall and walked to her classroom.

When Tsunami walked in, it was a disaster. Peril was in the corner away from everyone with a dreamy look on her face. Puddle, the new MudWing, was poking at her homework asking Moon the answer. Moon looked like she was about to scream. Her face was in pain so much Tsunami nearly took her to the infirmary. Turtle looked utterly confused and Kinkajou was whispering in his ear. The new IceWing was named Penguin. Penguin was definitely NOT cute like a penguin and was not as gentle as a penguin. Penguin was almost a copy of Winter, but not royalty and more aggressive. Penguin was screaming at Moon about something and Moon seemed like she was going to pass out. No new SandWing had been sent yet. Tsunami sighed for what felt like the millionth time.

"Class is starting!" Tsunami announced. "First, I must announce that scavengers are not going to be eaten. They are actually called humans and some can speak our language." Most of the students looked shocked. "That's what I heard," Tsunami added.

Puddle raised her talon. "They were my favorite food," She said. "Now what do I eat?"

"I don't know," Tsunami said. "It was not my decision. Tell all of your friends about this."

"All my friends are back in the ice kingdom," Penguin snapped. "Too bad, fish-face."

"That is not how you treat your teacher!" Tsunami said. Her tail was twitching, and she was having so much trouble not biting his tail. "As the principal of the school, I give you extra homework and you will have to talk with a teacher later. Class dismissed."

Tsunami was glad to have a break from Penguin and have more time to think about her feelings for Riptide. Do I love him? Do I not? How do you feel? Do you want him dead? Tsunami's last thought overwhelmed her and she felt guilty. Tsunami had killed her father without knowing it. You are a killer. You won't bring peace to the world, you will destroy it. The words rang in her ears over and over. Tsunami smashed her head into the wall. It was painful, but worth it.

"Tsunami?" Sunny said. "Are you good?"

"Y-yes, I'm fine," Tsunami replied.

"Okay," Sunny said. I heard Penguin from over here and I'm guessing you punished him. Oh, and today is the field trip to Queen Thorn's place. She looked really excited. "The field trip starts in an hour. I'll go organize some students." Sunny rushed off.

Tsunami imagined Riptide's sky-blue wings around her. Do I want that? She asked herself. Yes, I do. Riptide needed to know how she really felt. Tsunami still felt she hadn't thought it all through, but Riptide was what she wanted. She took a deep breath and ran over to organize the students.

                                                                                         ***

"Sunny!" Queen Thorn ran over to her daughter, throwing her wings around her. "You're here!"

"Why wouldn't I be here? I had to come!" Sunny said.

Tsunami smiled, feeling the slightest bit jealous. She wished her mother loved her the same way.  Well, Queen Coral did, but she was way to overprotective and not as nice. Coral had thrown the dragonets of destiny in prison for no reason. (Well, maybe the reason was Blister being manipulative.)

Tsunami saw Clay asking Peril something. She turned away with disgust. Peril was not good enough for Clay! As Tsunami turned her head, she saw light blue scales and a face she knew way too well. "Riptide!"

"Tsunami!" He said, his face lighting up. Riptide ran over to her and put his wing over her. For once she didn't mind.

Then Peril walked on the stage. Clay murmured something to her and she nodded. "I'm Peril," she said. "I used to be a killing monster, but I've changed. This song is about me." Peril winced when she said 'killing monster'

"Like a small boat, on the ocean. Sending big waves, into motion," Peril started singing. "Like how a single word, can make a heart open. I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion."

"And all those things I didn't say, wrecking balls inside my brain," Peril sang louder. "I will scream them loud tonight. Can you hear my voice this time? This is my fight song! Take back my life song! Prove I'm alright song!"

"My power's turned on. Starting right now I'll be strong. I'll play my fight song. And I don't really care if nobody else believes. 'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me."

"Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep," Peril continued. "Everybody's worried about me. In too deep. Say I'm in to deep. And it's been two years, I miss my home. But there's a fire burning in my bones. Still believe. Yeah, I still believe."

"And all those things I didn't say," Peril sang. "Wrecking balls inside my brain! I will scream them out loud tonight! Can you here my voice this time? This is my fight song! Take back my life song! Prove I'm alright song! My power's turned on! Starting right now I'll be strong! I'll play my fight song! And I don't really care if nobody else believes! 'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me! A lot of fight left in me!"

"Like a small boat, on the ocean," Peril sang. "Sending big waves, into motion. Like how a single word, can make a heart open. I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion. This is my fight song! Take back my life song! Prove I'm alright song! My power's turned on! Starting right now I'll be strong! I'll play my fight song! And I don't really care if nobody else believes! 'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me. No I've still got a lot of fight left in me." Peril stood on the stage awkwardly. Then the dragons clapped. Peril looked embarrassed. When everyone went back to talking, Peril ran over to Clay and hugged him.

Tsunami felt like she could maybe trust Peril a bit more. Maybe. "Riptide? Can I tell you something?"

"Sure," Said Riptide.

"I love you," Tsunami said.

"I love you too," Riptide said. He wrapped his wings around Tsunami and she leaned into him. This is where I belong, Tsunami thought.

The song Peril sang was called fight song. It is by Rachel Platten. I tried to paste the link on here but it didn't work. There will be a part two.