Ripnami #2

Tsunami dabbed at the water in the stream. She was awfully bored since Riptide had returned to Sanctuary.

"TSUNAMI!" Sunny yelled, "You're TEN minutes late for class this time! Class is so chaotic, and I can hear them down the hall!"

"Relax," Tsunami muttered, touching the SandWing-NightWing hybrid with her tail. "I just uh- made a mistake."

Sunny looked confused, but nodded and ran off.

Tsunami dashed into the classroom. It was even more terrifying then last time.

"SO WHATS THE ANSWER, NIGHTWING?" Penguin screeched.

"I told you, I don't know!" Moon backed into the cave wall as Penguin hissed at her again.

Peril was dashing in and out of the Classroom, probably looking for Clay, because Kinkajou was poking the air around her (she couldn't touch firescales) and asking about crushes.

Puddle was rollIng on the ground screaming, "where is the teacher the world is going to end blah blah blah" and other boring stuff.

Turtle was the only normal one. Tsunami glanced gratefully at her brother and yelled, "EXCUSE ME, EVERYONE QUIET DOWN!"

Penguin was still tormenting Moon. He was hitting the black dragon with a notebook. "Help," Moon muttered to herself.

Tsunami grabbed one of her notebooks and slapped him with it. Penguin turned around, snarling, "I HATE YOU!"

The classroom fell silent. It had never been like this before. There had always been the sound of Penguin beating someone up, or Puddle's awkward screams. Not now. After Penguin's insult, everyone was quiet.

Then Moon grabbed Penguin and threw him against the wall. Kinkajou ran over to help Moon, dragging Turtle along. Peril walked over threateningly. Puddle didn't seem to understand what was going on.

Tsunami just left the room and walked out of jade mountain. She flew off to Sanctuary. The only clue about her leaving was the note on Sunny's desk that said, " Sanctuary".

                                                                          * * *

Rain. Rain. More rain.

Tsunami had made it about halfway to Sanctuary when it started raining. She ducked in a cave and grabbed a moss ball to fidget with.

"Scared of rain?"

"Who's there?" Tsunami growled.

"Just me!" A SkyWing face appeared in the rain.

"Sky!" Tsunami grinned. "Wait, why would you taunt me about rain?"

"Taunt you?" The SkyWing snorted. "It was a genuine question!"

Tsunami did believe him. He was Sky, the SkyWing who was kind. "Did you bring Wren?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Sky said cheerfully. "She's my pet!"

"I am NOT your pet, Sky!" The human yelled.

Sky laughed. "You ARE my pet!"

"I uh have to get to somewhere," Tsunami said quickly.

"Bye!" Sky called.

Tsunami didn't care about rain anymore. She wanted to see Riptide! Tsunami flew to Sanctuary and then looked around.

"Tsunami?" Not Riptide. Winter.

"Hi Winter," Tsunami greeted him. "Do you know where Riptide is?"

"Your crush?" Winter joked, the looked faintly embarrassed.

"Yes," Tsunami admitted.

"I had a crush at one point," Winter muttered. "Moon."

"Moon," Tsunami said. "She-

"I don't want to know," Winter sighed. "She's moved on, and I like someone else now."

"Lynx?" Tsunami guessed.

Winter nodded and as if changing the subject he said, "Riptide's over there."

"Thanks, Winter," Tsunami said, flying off to Riptide's hut. "Riptide?" She called.

"Tsunami!" He yelped, his face full of joy.

Tsunami ran over to him. "I've been so bored without you ..."

"Same!" Riptide agreed. "Well, except for the scavengers. How's that new IceWing student?"

Tsunami hesitated. "Trouble."

"What does he do?" Riptide asked.

"He hates everyone, especially, me," Tsunami began. "He tortures Moon and yells at everyone. He also called me a fish-face."

"You are one," Riptide said, then dashed off.

Tsunami ran after him and caught up. She pounced on him and the the rolled around on the floor.

"Want to see my hut?" Riptide asked.

"Of course!" Tsunami replied.

Riptide's hunt was so big. It was made of logs, but on the inside it was much cooler. A rose-colored rug was sprawled on the floor, next to a sky-blue rug. There were two pillows  the same color as the rugs. There was a sparkling blue table with a cabinet that had a whole bunch of fish in it. In the bedroom there was a rose-colored waterbed and in the other one a sky-blue waterbed. Then before Tsunami could look in another room, Riptide stopped her. "Tsunami, before you see the last room, I want to ask you something." He paused. "Do you want to live here?"

Awkward silence. So quiet you could hear a pencil snap. "Riptide, I do, but what if- what if my friends don't know. The only clue I left them was a not on Sunny's desk that said 'Sanctuary'." Tsunami swallowed back tears.

Riptide twined his tail with her's. "It's your choice."

Tsunami took a breath. "The school was created by the five dragonets that were supposed to fulfill a prophecy. A fake one. Still, we stopped the war snd made peace. Even a school. Glory- I mean Queen Glory had a kingdom to run, so there were only four of us running the school. If I left the school ..."

"I understand," Riptide said. "Come on, you can sleep here. Do you want to share a room or get your own?"

Tsunami would have said no to anyone except Riptide. Or possibly Sunny. "Share a room," Tsunami said. They curled up together in the sky-blue room. So comfortable...

Tsunami awoke early and dove down into a river to clean her scales. And catch some fish. Tsunami watched as fish swam underneath or above her claws. Finally, Tsunami caught a fish. A carp. She bit onto it and then thought should I get one for Riptide? Tsunami wished Sunny was here. The little dragon seemed to always have a cheerful mood, even if she tried not to. She caught a fish for Riptide and dashed up to the hut.

Riptide was preparing a meal when she got back. "Where were you?" He asked frantically.

"I'm not a child anymore!" Tsunami complained. "I was just at the River."

"I didn't want to lose you after a just met you!" Riptide grinned.

Tsunami grabbed a fish and ate it. "At least we don't have to follow Queen Coral's rules here!"

Riptide snorted. "Yeah," He agreed.

A knock on the door brought Tsunami up to it. It was Sunny at the door. Tsunami wrapped her wings around the golden dragonet.

"Hi!" Sunny said. "Are you coming back? You missed a class with the Jade Winglet."

"Yeah, I don't really care."

"So you left to see Riptide?"

Tsunami blushed. "Well, sort of."

"Well, come on! Or you'll miss class with the silver winglet."

Tsunami said bye to Riptide and left. She felt refreshed and good. Even though Penguin was there at Jade mountain...

So I kinda made my own ship that I sorta ship now. Sunny x Tsunami. I don't know what to call it ...