8

Sana : "Tzuyu?"

Half of Tzuyu's body was lying on the carpet, her body bellow the torso was wincing on the cold wooden floor.

The pain was too real to pull her back to be a sober person again, though it failed. Still the Taiwanese was half drunk and half sober. Drunk as if she couldn't think clearly, her thoughts were foggy. Sober as if the only thing she could feel is the things she could see. The only thing she could see, aside from her room's ceiling is the person standing in her perplexed vision, her brother's girlfriend, Sana.

Tzuyu : "Shh... I told you she is sleeping"

Tzuyu hushed while looking at Sana.

Sighing, the latter dragged herself near Tzuyu, slowly crouching and letting her eyes get in contact with those beautifully non-metaphorically drunk eyes.

Sana : "Tzuyu"

A sighed revolved around her name, as she repeated the name again.

With a little giggle, the Taiwanese replied.

Tzuyu : "You are the only one who pronounced my name correctly in the first go"

She continued with the giggle as Sana continued with a sigh.

The Japanese offered her hand by touching Tzuyu's palm, ever so gently.

Sana : "Get up, or you'll catch cold"

Ignoring Sana's hand she jumped and leaped out off the carpet, directly diving into her sheets, covering herself with every inch of warmth the blanket could provide.

There it is, again. The feeling Sana felt just few hours ago with Tzuyu's cold nature, ignorance is bliss, she believed in that phrase with all her heart, but from now, the way Tzuyu was acting it was nothing less than a curse.

Totally convinced by her mind, to avoid the latter, to avoid the presence of the annoying younger soul of the Taiwanese, she took few steps forward, turning off the switch of the lamp. As she stretched her arm, ready to do her task and move to the living room or better the guest room showed (the door was shown) by Tzuyu and dive into the slumber of her sleep.

The younger one quickly grabbed the wrist of Sana. The hold was tight, it was a gripping hold, Tzuyu held Sana's hand like letting the Japanese go would be letting her sleep go. The sleepy, drunk, yet a bit sober Taiwanese looked into Sana's eyes. They were pretty, beautiful, eyes which even bees are jealous of, their beehives on which they spent hours on creating is nothing compared to the eyes of Sana, her eyes were the honey which God Himself created, sweet.

While Tzuyu dripped in Sana's eyes, Sana drowned in Tzuyu's touch.

The randomness of Tzuyu's feathered hand, her boney soft fingers covering the surface of Sana's wrist, made the Japanese body into a city electricity supply unit. The voltage ever so high with that touch. It was a drunk touch, a touch of ignorance.

Tzuyu : "You're cold"

Sana indeed was. Her body is becoming colder and colder every second. The house is cold for her, the person is cold for her, and the situation is cold for her, but right now- with Tzuyu's hand around her wrist, the temperature seems just right.

Sana : "Not more than you."

She's a writer. With her novels being on top of the "book clubs read" and you expect her to talk without using metaphors, without taunting her feelings.

Tzuyu : "I am willing to keep you warm. But I can't"

Now caught in her own trap, Sana struggled for finding the meaning in the sentence. Sana's words were dipped in frustration, but Tzuyu's hers were filled with guilt and regret.

Sana : "Then don't. Just stay cold- stuck in your iceberg"

Tzuyu : "But you make me warm, you make my heart warm Minatozaki"

Sana : "I..."

Sana was ready for her counterattack, ready for the words she'd say, the words covered with her frustration, annoyance and disappointment, but as soon as the words said by Tzuyu sunk in her ears, going straight to her heart, like a melted butter block flowing through the river of sweetness with that salty yet soothing taste to it.

Sana did not uttered a single word, Tzuyu continued.

Tzuyu : "Give me a chance to keep you warm. Here"

Tzuyu rolled over, making space for Sana, lifting her blanket up, and clearly indicating for the Japanese to roll in.

The body which was cold a minute ago, filled with heat, her heart raced with a speed, not caring the beats it was skipping.

Sana : "I-I... can't sleep with you"

Tzuyu : "Sleep beside me"

The words echoed in her head and directly took her to her past, the first time she slept beside her mother as a teenager who just turned into a girl- after witnessing the bloody mess flowing out of her, the first time she slept beside her girlfriend who spoke stories of how easy it is to weed and die, the first time... the first time she slept beside her innocent lover, Chou Mark.

Mark was too good to be a human, humans deserve justice, faith, truth- and if mark is too good to be a human then he deserved things better than just justice, faith and truth, he deserved loyalty, he deserved love, and he deserved his heart to be kept safe for forever with Sana.

Sana : "Good night Tzuyu"

Tzuyu's eyes never left Sana's, as though the goodnight was nothing more than just a combination of words, Sana stayed there for a second, letting the disturbed peace of Tzuyu's eyes set in.

Tzuyu : "I know why Mark lied to you"

It wasn't the want of Sana to be near her anymore, the want which flamed into Tzuyu a few minutes ago turned into desperation for making the latter stay, hopefully a desperation with common sense.

Sana : "Let's talk in the morning, okay?"

With that, the temptation which just touched Sana's lips, temptation which just touched her soul, ear, eyes, she left it behind.

Tzuyu watched Sana disappear and her room turning dark again.

Tzuyu : "Good night Sana"