chapter 6

Mitra : what are you doing here ma'am ?

Charumati : that's none of your business.

Mitra sighed.

Mitra : OK fine. Just tell me how you know my father ?

Charumati : your father ? How would I know him ?

Mitra : but my father said I would meet an unexpected person. And that person turned out to be you.

Charumati : what ? But wait ! Aren't you an orphan ?

Mitra : no !

Charumati : then why you lied that you are an orphan ?

Mitra : because my parents asked me to do so. They wanted to protect me from their rivals.

Charumati : who is your father ?

Mitra : Adarsh Rao. He is a scientist.

Charumati is struck. Her face is covered with a mixed expression of happiness and sadness.

...................

Vikramaditya : forgive me Adarsh. I am a bad father. I want to correct my mistakes.  Please come back. Your daughter will be my heiress.

Adarsh : my daughter created her own name and respect in the society. I am proud of my girl. I wont let you to spoil her name by announcing her as the heiress of some ethicsless businessman like you. I am sorry if you are hurt. Never contact us again.

Vikramaditya: Adarsh please ! I am begging you. At this age I realised all of my sins. I am true monster . I always mistreated you and your mother. I always tried to keep you under my control. I was wrong in every aspect. I am evil. But give me one chance. Let me have a peaceful death.

Mahitha : Adarsh ! Please forgive him. Afterall he is your father. Realisation is a really great thing.

Adarsh nodded.

...........

Mihir : are you ready ?

Assassin : yes sir !

Mihir : shoot him in the very next second after I'll tell you.

Assassin : OK sir.

Mihir is mistaking arnav as Vikramaditya's heir from long time. He is planning to kill him today. He hired an Assassin's who is a sharp shooter for that.

The assassin is in the position by aiming at Arnav.

Mihir texted Maya about that.

Mihir's text ,

Congratulations girl. You don't have to share you father's property.

Maya read the text and she is getting nervous.  Mahitha observed Maya. Maya is feeling extremely nervous.  She don't want to harm her brother. She saw an assassin on their opposite house's terrace. Her mobile beeped again with a text.

The bullet hit him and he collapsed.

........

Charumati : are you adarsh's daughter ?

Mitra : yes ! Do you know him ?

Charumati started crying and she hugged Mitra tightly.

Charumati: yes ! I know him. Because I am his mother. I am your grandmother.

Mitra is stunned.

Mitra hugged Charumati tightly. Mitra didn't expect this revelation. She understood why she grew close to charumati easily.

Charumati : where is he ?

Mitra : he said he will here by evening.

Charumati : I can't wait to meet my son again. I missed him a lot.

Mitra smiled lightly. 

Mitra : It shouldn't be a dream. It's extremely beautiful to become a dream that can be brushed off.

Charumati hugged her granddaughter more tightly. After sometime mitra recalled something.

Mitra : why i never know about you ?

Charumati : because your father hates his father and i am the partial reason for it.

Mitra : is that because of over expectations on nanna.

Charumati : no ! It's because of wrong expectations.

Mitra is about to say something but she heard a buzzing sound. 

Mitra : did you hear that ?

Charumati : yeah !

Mitra searched for the source of that sound. She found a time-bomb which is running out of time.

Charumati : give it to me !

Mitra is confused. Charumati snatched it from mitra's hands and pulled out all the wires at a time.

Charumati : someone is after us.

Mitra : yes ! But not for us. 

Charumati :  Their target is adarsh.

Mitra : yes !

Charumati : i know him.

Mitra : who's that ? 

Charumati : your father's colleague Mohan.

Mitra found the name familiar. She felt like she heard the name many times before from her father's mouth.

Some tribal woman : maaji ! Some strangers are roaming in the forest. They claimed themselves as your family. A middle aged couple and a man.

Charumati : it must be my family for sure. 

Tribal woman : shall i tell the same to chief.

Charumati saw them and recognised them. She nodded her head. She walked towards them .

............

Mahitha : do you think mithra will forgive me ? 

Adarsh : she won't. Because you didn't do any mistakes.

Arnav smiled lightly.

Adarsh : why are you smiling ?

Arnav : you guys are her parents but i spent my whole life with her. I know her better than you people. She missed you two every single day. She craved for your love. My parents tried their best to fill your place but the void is always present. Now you two are here. So, you can fill that void now. 

Both adarsh and mahitha smiled. They hugged arnav.

...........

Mitra ran towards them. She hugged mahitha tightly.

Mitra : amma ! 

Mahitha : bangaram  ! ( darling ! )

Mitra is unable to control her tears. Adarsh hugged both of them . It is a sort of family reunion which made every single person in the surroundings to get emotional. Charumati walked towards them slowly. 

Charumati : Adarsh !

Adarsh : amma ! How are you ?

Adarsh hugged his mother . 

Arnav felt emotional by looking at his loved ones. Mitra saw him. Their eyes met for a second. 

Mitra : did you miss me ?

Arnav : not really !

Mitra slapped his arm.

Mahitha : what's cooking between you two ?

Mitra whispered something in her mother's ears.

............

Hey people ! 

How's the chapter ?