Chapter 7

Happy Reading!

After a grueling therapy session, Benedict returned to his room with a storm of emotions swirling within him. The weight of the therapy had taken a toll on him, leaving him frustrated and agitated. As he entered the room, he found Dara patiently waiting, ready to offer support.

However, the turmoil within Benedict took a darker turn. His frustration boiled over, and he lashed out at Dara, who had been tirelessly trying to help him navigate through his memory loss.

"Why do you keep pushing me like this? I told you to leave me alone! I can't stand having you around, trying to force memories that I don't even want!" Benedict's voice echoed through the room, his eyes filled with anger and confusion.

Dara, shocked by the sudden outburst, tried to maintain her composure. Sanyo, who had been present, watched helplessly as the scene unfolded.

"Dara, just give him some space," Sanyo attempted to intervene, sensing the escalating tension.

But Benedict, consumed by his frustration and confusion, dismissed Sanyo's plea. "Space? I need more than space; I need to get away from her and all of this!" he exclaimed, gesturing toward Dara.

Dara, who had been doing her best to help him, felt the sting of his words. She tried to maintain her composure, but tears welled up in her eyes. Sanyo, witnessing the emotional turmoil, stepped forward, attempting to mediate the situation.

"Benedict, she's just trying to help. You might not remember, but Dara cares about you a lot," Sanyo pleaded, hoping to ease the tension.

But Benedict, consumed by frustration, dismissed Sanyo's words. "I don't care! I don't need her help, and I don't want her around. Just leave me alone, both of you!"

Unable to bear the emotional strain, Dara turned away, tears streaming down her face. Without saying a word, she left the room, the door closing softly behind her. Sanyo, torn between his brother's struggles and Dara's pain, sighed heavily, realizing the complexity of the situation.

As the door clicked shut, the room fell into an uneasy silence, with Benedict and Sanyo left to grapple with his emotions and the repercussions of his outburst.

Sanyo sat beside Benedict, the atmosphere in the room still heavy with tension. Benedict's brows were furrowed in confusion as he tried to process the information about Dara, a person he couldn't remember.

Sanyo leaned forward, a mixture of concern and frustration evident on his face. Benedict, still trying to make sense of the situation, looked at his brother expectantly.

"Benedict, I get that this is confusing for you. But you have to understand, Dara played a huge role in your life. She wasn't just a passing acquaintance; she was someone you deeply cared about," Sanyo explained, his voice tinged with urgency.

Benedict furrowed his brows, trying to recall any trace of recognition, but the name 'Dara' felt like a distant echo in his mind.

"I'm not trying to mess with your head here. Dara is not just a name; she's a person who meant a lot to you. We found you in your condo, and you were in a state of shock, almost like you'd seen a ghost. When we mentioned Dara, it was like the name struck a chord, but you couldn't quite grasp it," Sanyo continued, hoping to trigger some latent memories.

Benedict sighed, frustration evident in his expression. "I wish I could remember, Sanyo. I'm not trying to dismiss what you're saying, but it's like there's this void in my mind. Dara, the memories you're talking about – it's all like trying to grab smoke."

Sanyo ran his hand through his hair, grappling with the weight of the situation. "You and Dara were inseparable. She was there during the highs and lows, the laughter, the tears. You shared dreams, faced challenges together. It's just hard to fathom that you have no recollection of her."

Benedict's eyes searched Sanyo's face for answers, a sense of frustration building within him. "I'm not doubting you, Sanyo. It's just so strange – this feeling of emptiness where there should be memories. If she was such a significant part of my life, why can't I remember her?"

Sanyo sighed, a mix of concern and determination in his eyes. "We're still figuring that out, Benedict. Something happened, something that led to this memory suppression. But Dara is here, willing to help you remember. We'll navigate through this together, even if it takes time."