Chapter 1

Happy Reading!

"Where am I Mom and what I am doing here?" he curiously asked his mother while she was helping him to sit in the hospital bed.

All of the people in the room became silent and you can see that they are all shocked at what he asked.

"Hey brother, don't joke us around. That's not good to hear. Are you even serious? We should be the ones to ask what happened to you. We found you on your condo unit immobilized and spacing out, just staring at the wall of your unit." his brother Sanyo said seriously.

However, even Benedict is confused about what his brother said.

Me? Immobilized? Spacing out? Those are the things he can't do. He loves to make himself busy. He loves to work on his published books, posts his daily vlogs on YouTube, and record himself playing mobile legends. So that's impossible.

"You must be kidding brother, as far as I can remember I slept early last night for me to do my daily vlogs. I'm too late on my deadlines for my videos on Facebook as well. You know me, bro, I can't do those things." He said to his brother while smiling wickedly at him.

His mother is looking at Benedict nervously. The doctor informed them a while ago that Benedict may be suffering from selective memory suppression performed at him. For some reason, his son can't remember anything from that person in his life.

And base on her observation her son only remembers the events of his life 5 years ago. She needs to have a deep conversation with the doctor of her son so him not suffer the effect of the hypnotherapy that they did to him.

Benedict looks at the reaction of his family, all of them look worried and nervous.

Okay, what is happening? I only remember planning about what will be the content of my vlogs for today which is I am way behind on my deadlines.

"Gentlemen, I am just going to buy something outside." her mother stood up and kissed his forehead. "What do you want me to buy? Foods? Drinks? None?" she asked but they just shook their head in response.

"I'll come with you, hon. I also need to run some errands and some stuff." his father looks at his brother and just nods. He carries the bag of my mom and before stepping outside my room he looks at me. "Uhm, just rest for a while son, you need extra energy to replace the lost one."

*****

Sanyo hesitated for a moment, the weight of the unspoken memories lingering in the air. Finally, he turned to his brother Benedict, who sat beside him, looking puzzled.

"Benedict, there's something I need to talk to you about," Sanyo began cautiously, choosing his words carefully. Benedict's curious gaze met Sanyo's, waiting for an explanation.

"There's someone you used to be very close to – Dara. She was an integral part of your life, and you shared countless moments," Sanyo said, trying to gauge Benedict's reaction.

Benedict furrowed his brows, the name 'Dara' not triggering any recognition. "Dara? I'm sorry, Sanyo, but I can't seem to recall anyone by that name. Who is she?"

Sanyo sighed, a mixture of frustration and concern clouding his expression. "Benedict, it's important. Dara was more than just a friend. She was someone you deeply cared about, and she played a significant role in your life."

Benedict looked genuinely puzzled, racking his brain for any hint of familiarity. "I wish I could remember, Sanyo. It's like a blank space in my mind. Can you give me more details, anything that might jog my memory?"

Sanyo nodded, leaning forward with a sense of urgency. "We found you in your condo, and you were in a state of shock as if you'd seen a ghost. The mention of Dara struck a chord, but you couldn't quite grasp it. She meant a lot to you, and we're trying to understand why you can't remember her."

Benedict sighed; a sense of frustration was evident on his face. "This is baffling, Sanyo. I want to remember, but it's like trying to grasp shadows. Why can't I recall someone so important to me?"