𝒫𝒶𝑔ℯ 1 ℴ𝒻 15: 𝒮ℴ𝓂ℯ𝒷ℴ𝒹𝓎 ℰ𝓁𝓈ℯ

(Her last name is Turner not green lol ignore my mistake)

December 15, 2023

Dear Ivy,

In case, I'm not here anymore I wrote you this letter wanting to express how proud I am of you princess. You've grown up to be such an amazing daughter even through all the trails and tribulations, you are here! I hope that you are joining a matrimony with the one your heart truly desire baby girl, that is all I ever wanted for you. A love, I've always hoped for someone to continue showing you while I passed on. You gave me one of the best years of my life when I became your father, so don't worry about me no more. I'm chilling with God right now. lol. Go enjoy your new profound life and I will always be in your heart. I love you my baby girl.

Love,
Dad xoxo

Ivy sobbed reading the last words that her late father had written for her from his time hospice. She ran her fingers over the deep crevices that his blue pen created on the congratulations card with words meant only for her. She wished he can be here to walk her down the aisle but unfortunately he lost his battle to stomach cancer a few months ago.

"Awww my love, you're ruining your makeup, hush, hush now" Ivy's mother rubbed her daughter back as she gently patted her tears away. She slowly started to regret giving her the card that her late husband requested of her.

"Where's the makeup artist?!" Ivy's maid of honor, Geles, frantically searched for the make up artist to come fix Ivy's foundation.

"I'm so sad mommy, why did he have to go?" Ivy whined gently patting her cheeks, the pads of her fingers pressed on to her new dripping tears.

"Baby you know he battled for a long time, God just called one of his strongest soldiers but I know he's here watching over us in this moment." The mother sighed trying to not let her own tears fall, she remained strong for her daughter who had the tendency to crumble very easily.

Despite her red eyes she glowed under the LED vanity lights with her white robe wrapped around her body. 

"I'm here, what's going on?" Brianna, the makeup artist frantically walked back into bridal's suite from doing one of the bridesmaid's makeup.

"My bride over here just cried her eyes out, you okay sis?" Geles sympathized as she walked past Brianna towards her gloomy best friend. Geles knew how hard her father's disease took a toll on her and her family.

"Oh noooo, I'll definitely fix you up, no worries" The makeup quickly began to work, properly double setting her makeup once again as this probably won't be the last time she will cry on her special day.

After finishing up on her makeup, the ladies stared in awe as Ivy smooth out the front of her white untraditional dress. Ivy was adventurous at everything she did. Thinking outside of the box has lead her to do some daring things through her life and she yearn to always to be different.