𝒫𝒶𝑔ℯ 11 ℴ𝒻 15: ℐ𝓈 𝒜𝓃𝓎𝒷ℴ𝒹𝓎 ℒ𝒾𝓈𝓉ℯ𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔

University of MiamiMiami, FLMay 1, 2015

University of Miami
Miami, FL
May 1, 2015

"Girl you ready for summer break!?" Her friend's curly hair bounced as her pink lips stretched into a smile while she looped her arm hugging her close carefully not to trip her unbalanced walk.

"I'm only ready for these finals, it's just going to be a break full of working and therapy both physical and mental. I'm almost done paying my father back" Ivy smiled at Geles, who she became close with back in Orlando after meeting in the clinic, both awaiting termination to then discover they were attending the same school a year later bind their growing friendship even more. Geles was younger than Ivy only being 18 years old but her vibes clicked with Ivy even though she hit 20.

They walked calmly down the busy campus hallway surpassing lecture classes due to Ivy's boot brace slowing down her usual pace.

For the past two years since late 2013, Ivy's been saving up at her part time job at Buffalo Wild Wings making sure every scent was saved for her father.

"Oh thank God. I'm so proud of you bestie! How's he doing?I have to go visit your parents."

"Thank you sis. He's doing okay, he's still dealing with chemo plus surgery so he's not at his best...he's been eating which is good" Ivy sighed reminding herself in the same breath to call her father later on, a task she does religiously ever since she forced herself to come to Miami and the only reason she took the leap of faith. She just wanted to make him proud especially after everything.

"Well that's really good then, it's something" Geles shrugged holding the door for Ivy as they walked out feeling the bright sun kissing their melanated skin.

"Right and the boot coming off too. Things are deff looking up" Ivy sighed limping her way across the yard towards the building of the dining center.

"Good, cause that shit look so itchy but I'm glad surgery went well, I'm happy for you now you can walk better. I know your leg was bothering you still after the accident" Geles nodded as her eyes squinted from the sun mentally cursing herself for forgetting her sunglasses in her dorm.

"You don't even know that half, can't even wash myself properly without feeling like I'm going to bust my ass"

The new found friends chuckled as they made their way into the cafeteria ordering their lunch before their next class period.

"Soooo Deshaun been eyeing you in Designs?" Geles cooed with a smirked taking a dramatic slow slip of her cold fizzy Sprite.