Chapter 10: Young Adele

Sookie stared at Adele, who stared at her with her youthful face. Adele smiled at her with such warmth she remembered when she was young. Sookie didn't know how her Gran became so young. Savannah watched them stare at each other as Sookie tried to find the right words to say.

"Wow Gran. You're young again." Sookie gasped as she moved close to her grandmother.

"Savannah helped." Adele smiled at her darling friend.

Sookie didn't know she could do that. She was shocked that her Gran was a knockout. She was gorgeous. She sat on the couch as they both hugged softly. Sookie held her so tight like she thought Adele would disappear. Adele rubs Sookie's head. They pulled away.

"Oh Gran, I have so much to tell you". Sookie says before she exposed what was happening with Bill and the drama.

"So, Savannah killed a vampire named Longshadow and this vampire Sheriff Eric made him take the fall." Adele started looking at Savannah who sipped her wine as she avoided eye contact with Adele.

"Savannah is this true." Adele continued.

"Oh, I love you Adele Stackhouse, but don't get judgey with me. He would've killed Sookie." Savannah told her.

"And why did Bill take the fall for it?" Adele questioned her.

Savannah started to mumble something as the girls tried to hear what she was saying.

"What Aunt Savannah?" Sookie probed.

Savannah started mumbling again, pouring herself more wine.

"Savannah Honey speak up," Adele says.

"Eric is my ex-lover." Savannah finally said.

"What's the deal with that, Auntie?" Sookie questioned.

"Aww, dear." Adele gasps.

"It was a long time ago, His maker came across me while me and my siblings were feeding and we stayed with him for a while and then we found Eric, whose family was killed," Savannah explained.

"Maker?" Adele questioned.

"His creator, Godric." Savannah sips her wine.

"Why couldn't you take the fall?" Sookie interrogated.

Savannah stared at her niece slightly hurt. She protected her and she's worried about Bill. She and Bill had a long history of bad and good. When he disappeared, it was the saddest thing she had to deal with.

"My kind don't get involved in vampire business. For killing their kind, they would kill me. Eric used the love Bill used to have for me to get him to take the fall." Savannah explained.

Sookie nodded; she knew she had hurt her aunt's feelings. Adele touched Savannah's hand making her grip it tight.

"Oh, honey," Adele spoke even if she didn't look older, she still spoke like she was older.

"I have been around for a long time; we don't care much for rules. We are just trying to survive just like vampires." Savannah continued.

They sat there just talking. After Earl, Adele never really sat down and talked about the supernatural with Savannah, who made Earl promise not to tell her anything. But now she was amazed at this new world that Earl tried to hide from her.

"Are there any other supernatural beings?" Adele questioned.

"Well, there are werewolves, shapeshifters, Skinwalkers, and a Maenad but I haven't seen one in 500 years since I was in Greece," Savannah answered.

Adele was starry-eyed. Sookie could tell her Gran liked to hear more.

"So, Sam's throwing a party later for Rene and Arlene. They're getting married" Sookie said.

Savannah looked at her friend and smiled.

"Then let's put this body to good use." Savannah joked, making Adele smile.

(A/N: A short chapter to start the year off. This was already written in my Google Docs. I hope you like it. Comment, Share, Vote)