Chapter 6

Iron Man swerved around a building and faced the Chitauri Leviathan

Iron Man swerved around a building and faced the Chitauri Leviathan. He pulled out his miniature multiple rocket launcher and fired. The Chitauri Leviathan roared in annoyance and turned to him.
"We got his attention. What the hell is step two?!"
Iron Man flew away.

Hawkeye tripped a Chitauri Soldier and rammed an arrow down its throat.
Black Widow got her hands on a Chitauri Soldier's energy rifle and fought the hell out of them.
Captain America and Black Mage joined back in. He landed in front of Hawkeye and with his shield whacked oncoming Chitauri Soldiers.
Mage's eyes turned red as she created fireballs that powerfully hurled at some Chitauri Soldiers who were shooting at her.
It was all too much on them, until... Lightning struck down from the sky, channelling the blast, firing the electricity out at the Chitauri Soldier around them.

They were blasted back in a massive shockwave. The Chitauri Soldiers convulsed, dropped dead to the ground. Thor touched down.
"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked.
"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable."
"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys." Tony added.
"How do we do this?" Natasha asked.
"As a team."
"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor said.
"Yeah, get in line." Clint added.
"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..."

Just then, Banner arrived on a small motorbike. Getting off, he looked around the city.
"So, this all seems horrible." Bruce said.
"I've seen worse." Natasha replied.
"Sorry."
"No. We could use a little worse."
"Stark? We got him." Steve stated.
"Banner?" Tony replied.
"Just like you said."
"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."
Iron Man came out from behind a building. The Chitauri Leviathan followed, impatiently.
Mage widened her eyes as the rest of the Avengers looked up, getting ready and standing still.
"I... I don't see how that's a party..." Natasha added.

Iron Man swooped down the street. The Chitauri Leviathan also swooped down, barrelling down the street like a freight train that kept building and building its intensity.
Banner looked behind. Cap looked at him. Banner began to walk towards the monster.
"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve said.
"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry."
Banner's body started to swell and stretch and harden. Green shot through his body.
The Hulk. Aaannnddd...... SSSMMMAAASSSHHH!!!!
Hulk popped the Chitauri Leviathan in the nose. The creature flipped over a 360.

Iron Man, in mid-flight, extended his arm out and fired a rocket that hit the Chitauri Leviathan and was blown completely away.
Other pieces caught fire and broke off... sizzling as they hit the pavement.
Captain America raised his shield to protect himself and Widow as Hawkeye grabbed Mage and covered themselves behind a car.
From above and on the buildings, the Chitauri army watched in horror as a group of EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES AND HEROINES found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand! The Avengers assembled!