Chapter 9

After a few hours, Fury contacted the Rogers girl about the data that she and Natasha had retrieved from the Lemurian Star

After a few hours, Fury contacted the Rogers girl about the data that she and Natasha had retrieved from the Lemurian Star. They were in his SUV on the Washington's streets.
"Nick, what did you want to talk to me about?"
"The situation is getting more and more complicated and I don't like it."
"I feel your worry, and I take it that's not good, right?"
"You're right."
Suddenly Nova's eyes were lost in the void and she ended up in a state of trans, she saw before her eyes images, flowing very quickly. Probably of some event that would happen in the future and they were so fast that she couldn't decipher what they were showing her.
But why were they showing themselves to her right now? And what was going to happen?
She was like that for a few minutes and it didn't go unnoticed by the Director of the SHIELD.
He looked in her direction, "Rogers? Are you okay?"
No answer.
"Nova?!"
Still silence.
He touched her shoulder, causing her to wince and she came out of the state of trans.
"Nova, what happened to you? You've been staring at the void for a few minutes."
"I wasn't staring at the void, I saw images in front of me... they were so fast..." she paused for a moment, "...I couldn't decipher what they were showing me... I know for sure that something's gonna happen..."
"Great!" he replied, passing a hand over his face.

The SUV stopped at a red traffic light, he looked over to the next car and saw the two police officers in the car looked at him with suspicion.
"Want to see my lease?"
"I don't like it..." she added.
The policemen quickly sounded their police horn once before they started to drive off, as Fury went to drive off, suddenly another police car smashed into his SUV, then several other police cars surrounded them and then crashed into them; inside Fury and Nova were injured.
"Fuck!" Nova cursed.
"Fractures detected. Recommend anaesthetic injections."
As Fury was giving himself and Nova the injections a SWAT team truck pulled up.
"D.C. Metro Police dispatch showed no units in this area."

The car was surrounded by the police and SWAT team, he quickly realized they were all disguised mercenaries.
"Get us out of here!" Fury said to his car computer.
The mercenaries suddenly started shooting at the car.
"Propulsion systems offline."
"Then reboot, dammit!"
The armour on Fury's vehicle started to become weaker, the mercenaries brought out a battering ram to break in.
"Warning! Window integrity compromised."
"You think? How long to propulsion?"
"Calculating."

The mercenaries started to use the battering ram on Fury's car window.
"Motherf-" Nova took her gun from her holster and pointed it at the window.
"Window Integrity thirty-one percent. Deploying countermeasures."
"Hold that order!"
The battering ram was smashed against the car window again.
"Window Integrity nineteen percent. Offensive measures advised."
"Wait!"
The battering ram was smashed against the window again.
"Window Integrity one percent."
"Now!"
Suddenly a minigun pulled up from inside the car and Fury used it to return fire on the mercenaries causing the SWAT truck and some of the police cars to explode.
Nova fired at the vehicles oh her side, killing some mercenaries and piercing the wheels of their vehicles.
"Propulsion systems now online."
"Full acceleration, now!"