Chapter 12

Maria Hill had taken the four to a secret facility, they got out of a black van and once they were inside, a man ran towards them

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint." Hill said, referring to Natasha's wound.
"Maybe two." Sam added.
"Let me take her." the man said.
"She'll want to see him first." Hill said as the four looked at her, confused.
She took them in a room where there was Fury who was alive and lying in bed, the four looked at him in shock.
"About damn time." Nick said.
"Nick..." Nova said in a subtle voice.

The group listened to Fury speaking as the doctor treated Natasha's wound.
"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache." Nick said.
"Don't forget your collapsed lung." the doctor added.
"Oh, let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good."
"I wouldn't say that, Nick." Nova added.
Fury turned to the Rogers girl, "What about you, Nova? You look fine, like they haven't tried to kill you several times."
"The advantage of being a HYDRA experiment. I've discovered over the years that I can heal or regenerate through the elements." Nova Sadie replied.
"Ah, good to know."
Natasha intervened, "They cut you open, your heart stopped."
"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it." Nick replied.
"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" Steve asked.
"Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful." Hill replied.
"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust."

                                                                                  ⍟ⴵ

Inside a bank vault, the HYDRA agents fixed Bucky's metal arm and as they did so, he had a brief flashback to his old life after he was recovered by Zola and the HYDRA agents.
"Sergeant Barnes..." Zola said.
He had another flashback to himself falling off the train at the edge of the mountain with Steve trying to save him.
"Bucky, no!" Steve shouted.
He then had flashback to after he was picked up by HYDRA agents.
"The procedure has already started." Zola affirmed.
Zola and the HYDRA agent amputating his left arm and replacing with the metal arm.
"You are to be the new fist of HYDRA. Put him on ice." Zola concluded.

Bucky was frozen, after which, he came back to the present and knocked over the HYDRA agent fixing his arm, Rollins pointed his gun at him to stop him attacking any further.
As Pierce entered the bank vault Bucky was being held in.
"Sir, he's... he's unstable. Erratic."
Pierce entered with Rumlow and some other HYDRA agents and went over to Bucky.
"Mission report." Pierce said.
Bucky; looking blank, didn't respond.
"Mission report, now."
Pierce moved closer to Bucky and suddenly stroke him hard in the face.
"The man on the bridge..." Bucky had the flashback to Steve calling him by his name, "Who was he?"
"You met him earlier this week on another assignment." Pierce replied.
"I knew him..."
Then he had several flashbacks of Nova during their time at HYDRA and of their previous fight, "That girl... I've seen her before."
"She's Black Mage. She's one of ours. You have to bring her to us."
Bucky stood still, assimilating the news he had just received.