27

Ahad was kept in the hospital for a week and after the heart attack, his paralysis became worse. He was confined to bed and his business was handled by Umair.

Noor and Umair were thinking of going back to Canada as they had already lose the 1st week of their universities and colleges. Tomorrow was their flight for Canada.

Noor was in the Farooqi Villa. Taking the tray of fruits in her hand, she entered Ahad's room.

'Time for fruits' She said with a wide smile on her face. Ahad gave him a glare.

She helped him to get up and sit on his bed. She started feeding him with her hands. Ahad was helplessly watching Noor. His heart melt as he saw his young daughter whom he thought was a burden. It is true that daughters are a blessing from god. Ahad is now realizing his mistake.

After finishing the fruits, Noor took the glass of boiled milk in her hands and brought it near his mouth so that he can drink it. Ahad wanted to take the glass but Noor didn't gave it in his hands as he can't hold it properly. He signed her to keep the glass and tried his best to speak.

Noor- Abba aap kuch kehna chahte hain?
( Dad, do you wanna say something?)

Ahad moved his right finger towards the drawer beside the bed.

Noor- Mai isey kholun?
( Should I open it?)

Ahad nodded.

Noor opened the 1st chest of the drawer where his medicines were kept.
On the 2nd drawer were kept some keys maybe the locker and house keys.

Noor- Kya aapko yeh keys chahiye?
( Do you want these keys?)

Ahad moved his head in no and signed her to opened the last drawer.

She understood her sign and on opening the last drawer, she found a piece of paper.

Noor- Yeh kaagaz chahiye?
( Do you want this paper?)

Ahad nodded in yes.

Noor took out the paper and kept it in front of Noor. He again signed her to read the paper.

Noor took the paper in her hand.

Assalamualaikum Noor,
Mai jaanta hu maine tumhare aur tumhari maa ke sath bohot bura sulook kiya hai. Maine ek beti ki naimat thukraya hai. Janta hu mai ek acha baap aur acha shouhar na ban saka. Mujhe meri galti ka ahsas hogaya hai. Ramsha ke baba, tumhare phupa, Kasim sab kuch chhor kar Switzerland jaa chuke hain. Nafeesa ki halat bohot kharab hogayi hai. Baccho ko bhi gehra sadma laga hai. Aur iss mushkil waqt mein Nafeesa ke bete Arsalan ne bhi usey chhor kar ek Christian ladki se shadi kar li hai jisse Nafeesa nafrat karti hai. Aakhir mein Nafeesa ke pass sirf uski betiyon ka hi sahara bacha hai. Mujhe ahsas hua ki tumne mera bohot khayal kiya hai. Lekin mai kabhi tumhein izzat dene mein kamyaab nahi ho paya. Tumne mere bure ravaiye ke bad bhi ye na bhoola ki mai tumhara baap hu. Tumne kabhi mujhse nafrat nahi ki. Mai tumhe paa kar khush-naseeb hu. Aaj mahsoos ho raha hai. Jald baazi mein maine tumhara niqah kara dia tumhe bojh samajh kar. Par ab mujhe tumhari bohot yad ati hai. Beta ho sake to mujhe maf kar dena. Pata hai ki maafi ke kaabil nahi hu lekin koshish zarur karna. Umeed karta hu ki Almeer aur Rasheed bhai tumhe wo sari khushiyan dein jo mai naa de saka.

( I know that I behaved very bad with you and your mother. I had deceived the blessing of a daughter. I know that I failed in becoming a good father and good husband. I had realized my mistake. Ramsha's father, your uncle, Kasim had left everyone and went to Switzerland. Nafeesa is not in a good condition. Children are also traumatized deeply. And in this difficult time, Nafeesa's son, Arsalan left her and married a Christian girl whom Nafeesa hated. At last, Nafeesa only had her daughters as her support. I realized that you cared for me. But I never succeeded in giving respect to you. Even after my bad behavior, you didn't forgot that I'm your father. You never hated me. I'm lucky to have you. I'm realising this today. I thought you're a burden and married you off in hurry. But now I miss you so much. My child, please forgive me if you can. I know that I'm not capable of being forgive but please try once. I hope Almeer and Rasheed brother will give you all the love which I didn't gave.)

Noor's eyes were teary. She burst out crying and hugged her father. She had to control herself. Her mind was confused whether to forgive him or not. After all the physical, verbal, mental and emotional he had given to her, how can she forget all that in just a second and forgive him. But he's also her father. It is a good thing he realized his mistake.

Ahad broke the hug while Noor was engaged in her thoughts and signed her to turn the page and read more.

Beta shayad tumhe lagega ki mai kaam nikalwane ke liye ye sab baatein kah raha hu lekin aisa nahi hai. Ab Ramsha, Mirha aur Nafeesa ka koi nahi hai. Kasim ki is harkat ke bad koi bhi acha rishta Ramsha aur Mirha ke liye nahi aayga. Mai chahta hu ki ham Ramsha ko apne ghar ki bahu banaye. Umair ki dulhan bankar Ramsha is ghar ki beti ke sath sath bahu bhi bane. Mai janta hu Umair is baat ke liye raazi nahi hoga lekin agar tum usey sari halat bayan karo aur samjhao to wo zarur apni phupo ki majburi samjhega. Tumhare alawa usey kisi aur ki baatein samajh nahi aati. Maine Ramsha ki paidaish ke waqt hi soch liya tha ki Ramsha ka hath apne Umair ke liye mangoonga. Lekin Umair ne shuru se hi Ramsha se nafrat kar li. Tum janti ho agar Allah chahe to dushmano ke beech bhi dosti ho jati hai. Umair ka dil bhi pighal sakta hai. Noor, tumne hamesha apne baba ki baat maani hai yeh akhri baat aur maan lo.

( My child, you'd think that I'm saying all this just to make my work but it isn't like this. Now Ramsha, Mirha and Nafeesa don't have anyone in this world. After what Kasim did, Ramsha and Mirha would not get good alliances. I want to make Ramsha my daughter-in-law. I want that Ramsha become Umair's bride and come in this house as a daughter as well as the daughter-in-law. I know that Umair won't be ready for this but if you tell him all this condition and make him understand, he would surely understand his aunties condition. He doesn't understand anybody rather than you. When Ramsha was born, at that only I decided that I'd ask Ramsha's hand for my son Umair. But Umair hated Ramsha from the starting. You know very well if Allah wills, friendship can happen between enemies too. Umair's heart can also be melted. Noor, you had always obeyed your father. Please obey this last wish.)

After reading this, Noor was shocked and saw in Ahad's eyes. He also looked at her with a sad face.

Noor- Baba aap to jante hai wo kabhi bhi Ramsha se shadi karne nahi manenge. Wo toh usse seedhe muh baat nahi karte shadi toh bohot dur ki baat hai.
( Dad you know Umair bhai wouldn't agree to marry Ramsha. He doesn't even talk properly to her. Wedding is a far fetched idea.)

Someone entered the room.

' Kisse seedhe muh baat nahi karta?'
(Whom don't I talk properly?)

It was Umair.