Chapter 36 Dawn and Darkness

3rd POV

"Hello?! Hellooooooo?!!!!" Y/n shouted in front of the Labo-Stratum, "Come on! Let me in!!"

Y/n scratched his chin, "Maybe if go in really slowly...."

There was a zap like a bug in a bug zapper and Y/n fell back to the Fabrio-Startum, "Damn itttttttttttt....."

He splatted back onto the ground and pulled himself back up, stupid barrier!!" He shouted angrily as he punched the air.

"Screw this. I'm gonna go find someone to fight." He huffed and flew off.

Meanwhile, Bonney was being held up in the air while the Marines below were ready to fire.

"Jewelry Bonney, the "Pirate". Your father Kuma is truly dead." St. Saturn said.

Choko after her fight had made back to the scene and was now looking up at the girl in Saturn's grasp.

Bonney glared at the old man, "If I'm gonna get killed here anyway, then!"

She suddenly bulked up and popped out of Saturn's grasp, "Distorted Future!! Nika-ish future!!"

Bonney punched him over the head but the punch bopped against him uselessly like a balloon.

St. Saturn was unimpressed and grabbed her again, "So, you too know that name. You really are his daughter. That being said, you don't fully understand its meaning."

Bonney struggled against Saturn's grasp but Saturn had an iron grip, "How pathetic..." He muttered. Then out of the corner of his eye, he saw shriveled up Luffy stuffing his face with food.

"Where did that food come from?! Who is responsible for this?! Put him in sea stone cuffs immediately!!"

The Marines all ran toward Luffy, the only Marines left being Choko and Kizaru.

"Bonney, you owe that power of yours to me." Saturn said.

"Huh?!"

"We conducted experiments to determine whether extract infusion could grant a baby an ability without feeding them the fruit normally." Saturn explained. 

"It was a success, but the fruit itself is useless now. Its ability can transform you into a state that matches any future perceived to be possible, but that means the possibilities become limited as your future becomes more certain. As you uncover the truth."

"Nika is just an impossible myth you wanted to believe in." Saturn said.

"Nika's real! I've been looking for him to save dad ever since you turned him into your cyborg slave!!" Bonney shouted.

"Yet your sudden weakening proves you are starting to doubt whether his existence is possible." Saturn said.

"Your father just passed on a worthless bucaneer legend. He once told me he wanted to save people just like Nika."