Chapter Four - No Kissing On The First Date

Elle's POV
The Ducks win 4-3 in overtime and I could tell that Quinn Hughes was not happy about it. Jamie had told me yesterday about Quinn's annoyance towards Trevor. He claims that it's because Trevor has a tendency to never shut up and I very much agree with that statement.

After the game, I wait outside of the Ducks' locker room for Jamie. A few minutes after I arrive, Jamie comes out of the locker room in a white t-shirt and black shorts with the Ducks logo at the bottom. He must not have finished tying his shoes while he was in the locker room because he bends down to tie one of his sneakers.

"At least stand like a foot or two away from the locker room before you tie your shoes, Drysdale. Sheesh," Trevor says sarcastically as he almost runs into his roommate on the way out of the locker room.

"Sorry Z. I'll remember for next time," Jamie mutters as I double knots the laces on his shoe and stands up.

"Please tell me your hair is wet because you showered," I say, noticing how soaking wet Jamie's hair is beneath his black baseball cap. Jamie laughs.

"It is, actually. I figured I'd use the locker room showers so we can drive straight over to the restaurant for our dinner,"

"Good. I thought it was sweat for a second there," I say, letting out a breath that I didn't know I'd been holding in.

"Nope. Now let's go get something to eat. I'm starving," Jamie says, taking my hand in his.

I consider pulling my hand out of his, but I like him holding my hand a lot so I leave it be.

"We should take my car so Trevor doesn't need to get a ride from anyone," I suggest when we get down to the player parking garage. Jamie nods.

"I agree. Trevor drove his car here anyways so I wouldn't want to take his car from him,"

I make Jamie drive because I'd rather that he drives us there than if I do. Plus, I was never a huge fan of driving and I will find any excuse for someone else to drive instead when I can.

Jamie takes me to a bar and grill just down the road from the Honda Center. Once we're seated, we order our food and drinks and wait for them to arrive.

While we wait, Jamie attempts to make small talk with me.

"So, did you always live in Anaheim or did you live elsewhere when you were a kid?" Jamie asks.

"Well, I actually in San Francisco as a kid, but my dad was a big Ducks fan. I love San Francisco a lot, but I love Anaheim so much more. I mean, ever since I saw the Power Players for the first time, I wanted to be one. I was a figure skater and a cheerleader when I was in school," I explain. Jamie smiles.

"That's really cool, Elle."

"Thanks. So, where did you live as a kid?" I ask. Jamie laughs.

"Well, I lived in Toronto, Ontario and I have been playing hockey since I was five years old. I always wanted to be a hockey player because my dad loved hockey and he showed me everything he knew about it. That's pretty much it, though. I didn't really have an interesting life besides playing on some minor league teams when I was in high school,"

Jamie's POV
After dinner, we go back to my house and I let Elle pick the movie that we're gonna watch.

"You wanna watch Clueless?" She asks, holding up the dvd that's in the cupboard beneath the tv. I shrug.

"Sure. I don't care,"

"Okay,"

Elle puts the dvd in the dvd player and presses play. I sit down on the couch and she sits down next to me as the movie begins to play.