Epilogue

Elle's POV
Five Years Later
"Zachary John Drysdale! Give your sister back her bear right now!" I shout, running after my four old son as he runs away from me.

"No! I want to play with it!" He shouts. I sigh.

"Zachary, give me it now or I'll tell daddy!"

Telling dad has always worked on Zach but today I've struck out.

"Nuh uh. Daddy's on a trip for hockey," Zach taunts, sticking his tongue out at me. I scoff.

"Zachary John, do not stick your tongue out at your mother!"

As Zach got older, he's gotten into more trouble especially when Jamie's away on road trips.

Right now, Jamie is on a two week road trip with his team but he's supposed to go home today. Any minute now if I'm not mistaken, but Zach doesn't know that.

Jamie's POV
When I get home, I'm met with the sounds Elle yelling at Zach and Addison crying. I scoop Addy up into my arms and her crying stops. She buries her head into my chest and I kiss her on the forehead.

"What's wrong, sweetie? Why are you crying?" I ask. Addy sniffles and wipes her tears away.

"Zach took my bear," she replies.

At that very moment, Zach comes careening down the hall with Addy's bear in hand.

"Daddy!" He shouts, giving me a hug. I hug him back and then give him a stern look.

"Zach, did you take your sister's bear?" I ask. Zach nods and holds the bear out to his sister.

"I'm sorry, Addy." Zach mutters. Addy takes back her bear and I look at Addy.

"What do you say to your brother, Addison?"

"Thank you, Zach." Addy mutters, hugging her bear. Zach nods and runs away.

Elle is standing in the entry way, her arms crossed over her chest as she watches Zach run away.

"Zach, go sit in time out. And no toys or books. I'll be in to talk to you in a few minutes," Elle calls.

"Okay," Zach says sadly.

I set Addison down and she runs away with her bear in her arms, her tears all but gone.

Elle looks over at me and smiles. She gives me a hug and a kiss on the lips. I look her over and smile at her. She looks at me and frowns.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just think you look beautiful," I say.

"Really? After almost five years of marriage I still look beautiful?" Elle asks. I nod.

"Of course. You're my wife. I'll always think you're beautiful. How was everything while I was gone?"

"Chaotic. Zach is already a handful when you're home and he gets even worse when you're gone for road trips. I guess it's because he figures you're not around to discipline him," Elle explains. I frown.

"But I disciple him the same way you do,"

"Yeah. You do, but you're his dad. You're the man of the house and he knows it," Elle says.

"Well, I'll go talk to him so you can start making dinner." I mutter, kissing Elle on the forehead. Elle smiles.

"Thanks Jamie. You're too sweet,"

"So I've been told," I say with a smile.

I go into the living room to find Zach on the couch. His elbows are sitting on his legs and his chin in his hands. He's staring down at his feet as they bob back and forth, his heels smacking the couch lightly.

When I sit down next to him on the couch, he looks up at me and gives me a sad smile.

"I'm sorry for taking Addy's bear, daddy." He mutters, scooting closer to me to give me a hug. I smile.

"It's alright, bud. But I want to talk about something else with you,"

"What do you want to talk to me about?" Zach asks, looking up at me.

"Well, I was told from mommy that you don't listen to her when I'm on trips with my team. Why don't you listen to her, Zach?" I ask. Zach looks down at his feet.

"I dunno. I think it's 'cause I miss you, daddy."

"Oh buddy, I know hockey season can be hard sometimes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to your mom. You know, me being away is tough on your mom too so maybe you could help her out some when I'm gone. She'd really appreciate it, Zach." I explain. Zach frowns.

"How can I help? I'm only four," he says. I chuckle.

"I know, but you could help your mom by picking up your toys in your room and being nicer to your sister. Can you try that for me?"

"Yeah. I guess I can do that," Zach says with a smile. I give my son a hug and smile.

"Good. Now, you are free to go, but you must remember what we talked about, okay?"

"Okay. I will," Zach mutters, running off to play with his toys.

Elle's POV
Jamie gets up from the couch and comes into the kitchen. He grabs a glass from the cupboard and fills it with water. He takes a few sips and sets the cup down on the counter, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"So what's for dinner?" Jamie asks, kissing my cheek. I smile.

"Well, I was thinking of making spaghetti with meatballs. That okay with you?"

"That sounds fantastic. Although a bit messy for having a four and two year old," Jamie says. I laugh.

"Yeah, but Zach's been begging for it so I thought I'd make it."

"Okay," Jamie says with a shrug.

"What'd you talk to Zach about?" I ask.

"Well, he told me that he doesn't listen to you because he misses me. I told him that it can be hard on you when I'm gone too and that he could try to help out a bit while I'm gone to cheer you up," Jamie explains. I smile.

"Aww. Really?"

"Yep. I suggested he clean up after himself more and be nicer to his sister. He seemed alright with doing that. I just hope he keeps his promise," Jamie says.

"I hope so too," I say. I kiss Jamie on the lips. "Thank you for talking to him,"

"Of course baby. You want me to help you make dinner?" Jamie asks. I shake my head.

"No. I'm alright. Why don't you go sit on the couch and relax. I'm sure you're tired after that two week road trip,"

"Well okay, but, if you need anything, just call me." Jamie says. I smile.

"Will do, babe."

Not a moment later, I find Jamie fast asleep on the couch, the show Bluey playing on the tv for the kids to watch.

Zach pretends to drive his car over Jamie's legs but I warn him not to, wanting Jamie to at least get in a nap before dinner.

I smile as I stir the spaghetti noodles in the pot of hot water, admiring Zach and Addison.

Zach has blonde hair and brown eyes like me. He's also talkative and energetic.

Addison has dark brown hair like her dad's but she has my brown eyes. She's more quiet and reserved like her dad too though.

Both of them also have freckles dotting their noses like their dad which I love. My kids are like mini versions of Jamie and I and I love them so much.

While Trevor stills calls us crazy, I'm so glad that we got married and had kids so young.

If I could go back in time, I'd never change a thing about my life.