Chapter Six - The Ducks Christmas Gala

Elle's POV
"So? What do you girls think of my dress?" I ask, twirling around as best as I can without falling on my face because I'm wearing heels. Julia squeals and Taylor claps for me.

"You look amazing. Jamie's going to think that you're so hot," Julia says. I laugh.

I FaceTimed Julia and Taylor to get their opinion on the dress I bought for the gala tonight. It's a glittery red dress that goes down to my ankles and I'm wearing a pair of black heels.

"Thanks Julia. Well, I'll see you girls soon. Jamie's coming to pick me up in a couple of minutes,"

"Okay. I'll see you later, Elle."

"See you later, Elle!" Taylor adds in.

I wave goodbye to both of them and hang up. I hear someone knock at my door just as I set my phone down on the kitchen counter. I walk to the door to answer it, knowing it's probably Jamie.

Jamie's POV
I knock on Elle's apartment door and I hear her high heels clicking on her tile floor as she walks over to answer the door.

Elle opens the door and my eyes grow wide with shock at how beautiful she looks in her glittery red dress.

"Wow. You look amazing, Elle." I say, placing my hands on her waist. Elle smiles.

"Aww. You're too sweet. By the way, you look so hot in this suit, Jamie." She says, tugging on my shirt collar with a smirk on her face. I chuckle.

"The things I would do to you right now if we didn't have somewhere to be,"

"Well, maybe I'll give you your early Christmas present after the gala." Elle whispers.

Elle and I have never had sex together, but the subject has come up a few times, not only from Elle and I but also from Trevor and Julia.

The thought of spending the night with Elle in her apartment entices me especially since I could use a night away from Trevor. He's been extremely talkative the last couple days for no apparent reason and I'm getting a little tired of it.

Elle and I leave her apartment after she collects her crossbody purse and her house keys. She locks her apartment door and we take the elevator down to my car. I open the passenger door for Elle and she kisses me on the cheek as she gets in the car.

*

The Ducks Christmas gala was invented by a couple of the guys on the team a couple of years ago. It's pretty much just the Ducks' Christmas party and we invite the Power Players to join us.

When Elle and I arrive, we sit at a table with Trevor, Mason, Julia, and Troy and his wife.

"I love your dress, Elle. It's very festive," Troy's wife, Dani, says. Elle smiles.

"Thanks Dani. I like your dress too. It gives off hot mom vibes," she says. Dani laughs.

"Thanks Elle. I appreciate it. Troy didn't even comment how nice I looked before we left,"

"What are you talking about? I told you that you looked beautiful," Troy defends. Dani frowns.

"I don't remember that,"

"Well, I'll say it now then. You look absolutely beautiful, Dani." Troy says.

"Aww. You're too sweet. Thanks Troy," Dani says, kissing Troy on the lips.

"So, Dani, where's Grayson?" Elle then asks. Dani smiles.

"He's with a sitter. The gala ends much too late for him to be here with us,"