Chapter Seven - Kiss and Make Up

Elle's POV
The next day is Christmas Eve and the Power Players suggested a night out. I immediately say yes, figuring it'll keep me from thinking about Jamie.

I throw back about four shots and drink a beer or two. I'm absolutely wasted and Julia notices it.

"Elle, maybe we should take you home." She says. I shake my head.

"No way. I don't wanna to go home. I wanna stay here forever,"

"Well, too bad. You know what? I'm calling Jamie. He can come get you," Julia says, dialing Jamie's number.

"No! Don't call him!" I shout, reaching out to grab Julia's phone from her. She holds it out of my reach and puts it to her ear.

Jamie's POV
My phone rings and the caller id is Julia. I frown, confused as to why she's calling me especially when it's almost midnight.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jamie. Sorry if I woke you, but could you come pick up Elle? She's super drunk," Julia says.

I sigh, running my hand over my face. I'm probably the last person Elle wants to see, but I know her parents would be pretty disappointed if they had to be the ones to pick her up.

"Yeah. Sure. I'll be there in like fifteen minutes,"

"Great. Thanks Jamie," Julia adds. I nod.

"Of course. Bye,"

I grab my Ducks hoodie and pull it on over top my bare chest. I slip on a pair of vans and grab my keys off the kitchen counter. Trevor had fallen asleep on the couch and he sits up at the sound of my keys rustling.

"Where are you going?" He asks. I sigh.

"I have to go pick up Elle. She's really drunk,"

"Oh? Maybe I should pick her up instead," Trevor offers. I shake my head.

"Nah. It's okay. I'll get her. You mind giving up the couch for her?"

"Sure. Yeah. I was gonna go back to my bedroom anyways," Trevor says with a shrug.

"Great. I'll be back in a few minutes, Z."

*

When I get to the bar, I go inside to find Julia waiting for me. She sighs in relief when she sees me and shows me to where Elle is.

"Here she is. She insisted I not call you, but I think she needs to talk to you anyways." Julia says.

I walk over to Elle and look her over. She's extremely drunk and she can barely see straight when she looks at me but she can definitely tell who I am.

"Jamie Drysdale. What're you doing here?" She slurs, pointing at me.

"I'm here to take you home, Elle. Now come on," I say, gently grabbing her arm. Elle pulls away from me.

"No. I'm not going home with you. I don't like you right now,"

"Maybe not, but it's late and you need to get to bed. Christmas is tomorrow and I don't think your parents will be happy when they find you still drunk on Christmas morning," I explain. Elle sighs.

"Fine. I'll go home with you, but I'm not sleeping with you."

"That's fine. Now let's go," I say.

I help Elle into my car and drive her back to my house.

When we get back to my house, she makes a mad dash for the bathroom and throws up in the toilet. I hold her hair back till she's done and let her sit in the bathroom for a second while I grab something for her to change into.