CHAPTER 3

" What happened today, Ammy?" She asked me softly
" Dhruv went to tell Vyom about the wedding. Vyom didn't react well and Kabir also came there. At the end Vyom passed out whereas Kabir and Dhruv had a fierce fight. " I said and a sob escaped my mouth. Without wasting another moment Navya enveloped me in her warm embrace.

Author's Pov:

Finally Amaira expressed herself. She cried and let her tears flow on her friend's shoulder. All the emotions which she was holding up, her worry for her best friend's reaction, the pain she felt watching her best friend in such a miserable state, she was shocked, her heart shattered after knowing what happened with Dhruv, how he was accused for defending Avni, that too by his own friends. The way he hurt himself. She was angry but yet grateful to Kabir for informing her about Dhruv's whereabouts. Then and there right at that moment she wanted to go and comfort him, console him and bandage the wounds on his hands and childlike heart. But she couldn't because her presence here with her best friends was equally or maybe more important. Once again she has chosen friendship over love and she had no regrets regarding her decision but it was painful. Now she poured all her emotions out in front of Navya, she cried and cried and at last slept there in her best friend's warmth.
Unknown to them, Avni heard the whole conversation. She had come there to pick up an important file, but halted and heard everything. That how she has become a thorn in her own friend's life, that how her friend is ready to cancel her own wedding due to Avni's problems. Her eyes were glossy, her head was filled with uncountable thoughts. She wanted to cry, she wanted to vent it out, but it wasn't the time. She closed her eyes, took deep breaths and walked out from there, making sure that no one got to know about her knowing everything.
After that Navya and Amaira went back to "We Three" house. They didn't ask Avni as they knew she needed some time. Amaira has also left a letter with Avni's Secretary informing her about her and Dhruv's wedding. She was too nervous and under confident to tell her as the guilt was not leaving her other than that, they both had some connection with letters. They have always found letters more comforting than the real world.

Next morning :

From the moment Amaira had woken up she had been on her toes. First, she called Dhruv after 4 continuous calls he finally picked up her call. Amaira so wanted to bash him but her concern won over her anger.
Amaira - " Hello Dhruv "
Amaira - "Dhruv are you there?"
Dhruv - "yeah Amaira" his voice came out as a whisper.
Amaira - "Dhruv are you fine and where were you all night?"
Dhruv tried to answer but was again cut by Amaira.
Amaira - " You are so careless, Dhruv, you don't care about yourself even a bit na, when you already knew Kabir and Vyom's reaction, then what was the need to act so violently, huh! "
Dhruv - " Relax Ammy, calm down. There are just a few scratches on my knuckles, that's all. "
Amaira - " Are you sure that's all?"
Dhruv - "yea...ah"
Amaira - " Dhruv Kapoor, I know you inside out as a person so stop fooling me !! Amaira yelled, losing her calm composure.
Amaira - " You really think I'll believe the nonsense you are sputtering. I know better, I know how you always end up in bed with 102 degrees fever after being emotionally exhausted. "
Dhruv - " No Amaira it isn't like that" he said, trying to act normal.
Amaira - " shut up and listen to me "
Amaira - "I know you are in Vyom's penthouse with Kabir and Vyom. But declined taking their help. When all they are trying is to talk to you.

Dhruv - "Great! Now when you know everything, you do know what Kabir said about Avni right!! "
Amaira - " Hm "
Dhruv - " Goddamn, Avni is my sister and your best friend. How can you be so calm?" He shouted the last part.
Amaira - "Dhruv, we both know Kabir is Vyom's childhood best friend. I am not saying that you are any less protective of Vyom, but maybe Kabir is a bit more. What happened years ago is still a mystery. Only Vyom and Avni know the truth. Even Vyom also knows only one aspect and we all know only some parts. The part I knew I told you, it was more of a secret which we two and Navya knows and, since you know this you do understand Avni, her actions or else you tell me, won't you be reacting the same as Kabir?"
She very calmly explained and ended with the question in a soft voice.

She did force Dhruv to think regarding Kabir's words and actions from a different perspective. He then realized how wrong he was about his best friend, who didn't even know the whole truth. And with the information, he knows he is taking the right action. And just like that every single time Amaira leaves Dhruv astonished, astonished about how someone can be so clear with their thoughts and actions in their mind, how can someone be so honest and loyal to everyone, even the ones who have hurt her people and her. He was proud that she was his woman. This angelic but yet sassy bossy lady was his soon-to-be bride.
Amaira - "Dhruv are you there."
Dhruv - " Yeah I am here only with you, my love" he said, making Amaira shy.

Dhruv - " And yes, I understand your point. But I'll not say sorry to anyone because what I did was right on my part. And before you say, yes, I'll surely take their help since I need it.

Amaira was a little relieved. After that, they continued their talk.

Meanwhile in the prayer room in "We Three" house:
Navya (praying) - "Oh god please solve these complications or just pause them till Amaira's wedding. Let everyone come together, to bless Dhruv and Amaira. Let everyone reunite with their old selves and the people they left behind. Please God make this wish come true. Please!!"
It seemed that God actually answered Navya's prayers.

Avni's Office:

After Amaira and Navya left the office, Avni took a breath of relief and went back to her cabin. The sight of Amaira, one of the strongest people she had known crying in Navya's arms, broke her. It broke something in her already broken heart. Her friends, she can do anything for them, but to know that she has miserably failed there too, is painful. It evoked all the buried emotions, screams and pasts. She was there hiding behind walls watching them, she was sending the peon again and again for water and other supplies. But couldn't arrange the supplies to bandage her heart.
Reaching her cabin, she went to the room connected to her office and laid down there lost in her thoughts.

Avni's Pov :

I failed her, I failed as a friend to Amaira. She was always there for her, she was there to hear me out, she was there to handle me when I didn't even knew how deeply I was broken. She always chose me over everything and had always wished about my well being. But I couldn't even take care of the one thing which she actually wished for herself.

I took out my diary and began to pour out my emotions.

" It's getting unbearable and suffocating. I never wanted things to turn out like this. That day, according to Vyom, I had to choose him or the Business estate and I chose my Business estate by snatching every single thing he owned as a part of my revenge. That day, my love, my care, my concern which Ani had for his Om, everything turned into a revenge that Avni Mehra, the heir of Mehra enterprises, took from Vyom Dixit.

I turned into the cruel witch, who chose luxuries over real love, over the warmth Sheena aunty gave me, over the fatherly love provided by Viraj papa which sometimes even my own father failed to give me. " I chuckled sadly.
" But no one knew my actual choices that the monster gave me, the options the evil left me with." My tears were unstoppable by now. I wanted to write more, but couldn't because my hands were shaking. My whole body was trembling. But I didn't stop, I yelled, I screamed, I cried. I cried after ages and slowly lost my control over myself and let my thoughts consume myself. My heart was bleeding. All these years I protected everyone, whether it be Vyom & his family or her friends and their family. But no one knew about my suffering, broken yet bandaged heart.
Today I had to let down my walls. I again wanted to feel the pain, the losses I bore and the pieces of my soul that I lost, I lost to him. I screamed and screamed till there was no voice left in my throat.

Thank you so much for coming this far!! Do comment your favourite part and vote the story. And be right here for further updates.